Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heads up, GFers: the stars come out this Saturday on "Northwest Wild Country" (6 to 8 a.m. on Sportsradio 950 KJR AM). For starters this weekend kicks off our massive "Springer Fever 2008" schedule, which includes a half hour of air time dedicated to Columbia River spring Chinook fishing. Springer Fever will include a weekly giveaway of swag supplied by some of our fine friends and sponsors (Yakima Bait Co., etc.). Don't miss it.

I'm as fired up about this show as I've been in a long time! Not only do we have the Fever, we have the following:

ELI RICO LIVE IN STUDIO!: I've been badgering Eli for four years to take a Saturday off and join us at the Palace on Elliott Avenue. It finally happens this Saturday: Rico Suave will sit in for the full two hours, so, get your questions ready for one of the best guides on the West Coast.

MIKE IACONELLI RETURNS!:Ike hasn't visited the Wild Country in over a year, but he'll give us some time this weekend to discuss his kicka$$ new show, "City Limits". If you haven't seen this show, it's a good one: Ike is taken to an urban fishery, given a certain amount of time to catch a limit in each fishery, and turned loose like the Energizer Bunny. It's only been one for two weeks, and the ratings have been so good that Versus has picked up 12 new episodes. Plus, Ike is just a gas, man!

BASSMASTER CLASSIC CHAMPION ALTON JONES!:He's bass fishing's newest millionaire, and fresh off a whirlwind post-Classic tour that includes photo shoots, conversations with the President, and private jets. We'll continue our tradition of talking with the Classic winners when good ol' boy Alton Jones joins is in between his appearance schedule. VERY likeable guy, and a great ambassador for the sport of fishing.

LIVE FROM LINDE'S BLAST OFF!:The biggest sturgeon derby in the West blasts off about the time we go on the air. We'll talk to the man responsible for it all -- Eric Linde -- as he revs the Blue Jewel up for a morning flight up the Willamette.

That and a lot more! TUNE IN!

JS/NWWC

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob, good to see you up in Monroe.

Oh, the studio will be loaded with nimrods. They might just lock us all in and run like hell.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Iaconelli is a mad man!! I love to watch that guy fish!! We'll definately have to tune this in!! Tup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New additions to tomorrow's show:

Stan Brock, head coach, Army Football:Participating in the Joe's Sturgeon Derby in Portland. Live from Eric Linde's "Blue Jewel" North River just before derby blast off.

Buzz Ramsey:Leading off our SPRINGER FEVER lineup with one of the Columbia's most respected salmon fishermen.

Tune in!

JS

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Make sure to mention Baby Love to Eli!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts