Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just in to "NW Wild Country" Central: fisheries managers have backed off published reports that the March/April catch-and-release steelhead season on the Skagit and Sauk systems would be cancelled.

As of this writing (4:05 p.m.), the catch-and-release seasons on the Skagit and Sauk remain as they're defined in the 2007-2008 Sportfishing Regulations pamphlet. Re-thinking among fish policy makers in Olympia have rendered innacurate the information published in the Everett Herald (and discussed on other threads on this board).

The official/unofficial word on the fishery: "It's up in the air." That from biologiest Brett Barkdull.

This is developing even as I write this. More tonight, and CERTAINLY more tomorrow on "NW Wild Country" (6 to 8 a.m. on Sportsradio 950 KJR AM/online at http://www.950kjr.com)

JS

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Thanks Joel. I'll be listening in the morning.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Well i guess I'll just keep my mouth shut untill the time comes and find out for sure......... Hopefully good things come.
Omar

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Tune in and you just might get to hear me make a fool of myself over the air waves for a few minutes. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Some great discussion going on about the Skagit/Sauk closure. Tom and Herzog are summing up my sentiments exactly.

Herzog's 1973 fishing pamplet really makes me pause. 46 steelhead fisheries lost since 1973... :shock:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
"Were want the ball because we're going to score"

I agree Bruce. Shocking numbers. As dramatic as the closures are, the season lengths were just as shocking. And those were all natives, 2 a day, anywhere in the state, IIRC.

How bout those live adds.....man you guys crack me up. :D

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Joel, have you ever considered a segment, other than Norm (but certainly including Norm), that brought politicos "to the air" so "voters" can hear the "different sides of the coin"?

I understand it could be volatile but man what a way for representatives to have a real experience and letting our voice be heard. Why not invite Jeff "whats his name" from WDFW AND the Director from OFW....that would be a hoot. Start airing that your going to invite both of them and then we can have a email campaign to their offices AND their BOSSES....:) That will turn up the heat!!!!

Paul

·
Registered
565 Posts
I welcome that is positive news!
Hopefully the end result will be that we'll have our C & R season on the Skagit/Sauk this March and April.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Dr Hook said:
Some great discussion going on about the Skagit/Sauk closure. Tom and Herzog are summing up my sentiments exactly.

Herzog's 1973 fishing pamplet really makes me pause. 46 steelhead fisheries lost since 1973... :shock:
I wonder if that included some of the tiny little streams around the area that were packed with Steelhead and Salmon...........Hey! What year was the Bolt decision? 1970 what?

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Dr Hook said:

I wonder if that included some of the tiny little streams around the area that were packed with Steelhead and Salmon...........Hey! What year was the Bolt decision? 1970 what?
Your getting a bit cynical Phil...LOL

It all makes simple sense doesnt it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts