Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now they say you can remember "Smells" better than anything else from you're childhood.
As an Adult, I have encountered certain odors that have triggered memories of times long past. Intriguing smells and yet to others (like my Wife) who will look at me cross-eyed only to tell me, "That smells repulsive!"
In my book there's nothing quite like the smell of "70 year Old Fish Slime" encountered each time I fill my Dad's Old Fishing Creel from familiar fishing holes.
The same wonderful smell, when as a Kid we would return home to proudly dump our limit of fish into the Kitchen sink to be cleaned for supper.
I'll bet some of you too, have smelled similar "memories from the past". " TRAPPER"

Old, Yes, but not Forgotten.JPG
What is that Smell.JPG
Ready to Clean.JPG

·
Registered
45 Posts
One year during summer steelhead season I would use sand shrimp and crayfish tails for bait. One a nice warm summer week I accidently left sand shrimp and a dozen crayfish tails in my 69 z 28 Camaro. I kept smelling this funk and could not figure out what it was. After a week or so I opened my trunk and a WAFFFF of funk hit me. The container was smashed and the bait was putred smelling. I shampooed the carpet and scrubbed it down but the funk was still there. I finally cut the carpet and padding from the trunk. Then the flies moved in. hundreds of them. After a long period of time the funky smell was 90% gone.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fast But P.U..JPG

Oh Boy, would you need to do some explaining in order get a Date to ride with you in that Hot Car of yours!
I bet it smelled better than my Truck, the time I forgot and left the window down overnight.
An Old Tom Cat crawled in on the dashboard and sprayed the Cab down but good. :eek:
" TRAPPER "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts