Fishing Report - North Silver | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report North Silver

Discussion in 'Spokane County' started by Donna Moon, Aug 20, 1999.

1. Donna Moon

Donna Moon Guest

North Silver Lake....Medical Lake WA.

Difficult access to this lake as all land in privately owned.However, if you have a float tube or canoe you can obtain access from the road side. Up until the large algae bloom of last week,fishing had been good. I am not sure of the trout population in this lake but the bass fishing is good, very good.I have found that rubber worms and the like do well over all.

This lake is slated to be poisoned out in Oct this year so I am getting in as much time there as I can. Rumor also has it that this lake once treated with Rotenone will be restocked with large trout and exclusive rights will be turned over to a fly club. So if your interested in catching big bass this is the place to go! Donna

2. mooney

mooney Guest

The lake is now fly fishing only. The old existing launch area is useable but one must park vehicles across the street at the public launch facilities.

3. Mike

Mike Guest

Fished the lake for two hours on Saturday. First fish was a nice 22 inch Brown. Final fish was a 24 inch rainbow with a nice little planter in between. Not as peaceful as most lakes due to the road noise but definetly worth a trip.