Fishing Report - Nisqually River | Page 74 | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Nisqually River

Discussion in 'Pierce County' started by Nick, Dec 14, 2003.

1. EARL

EARL Guest

WENT TO THE PARK,UPPER AREA AND NADA FOR 4 HRS . TRIED EVERTHING BUT A NET.

2. chuck t.

chuck t. Guest

No nets and still no fish.sea lions and seals are porking out at the mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Isaac

Isaac Guest

Very little action. Fished for 4 HRS and only got one, flossed it. He was dark and NASTY, ready to die any day. Saw a couple rolling but that was about it. I live near the mouth, I see and hear the sea lions and seals all day long...damn things are going to town on the fish.

4. JJ

JJ Guest

I was the only person on the river having success. Caught 1 male and 1 female chum in 3 hrs. The key is scent. Scent and corkies with yarn was the key. Be back this afternoon

5. isaac

isaac Guest

Successful afternoon. Agree with JJ, scent was working well. It started real slow but the last hour of fishing was hot. All the fish are dark and look like cancerous coy though.

6. Went 2 for 3 with two chrom hens. You need to work for the fish guys but they are coming in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. A

A Guest

Tried the river today and saw nothin. Fished for 4 hrs. and had nothin. What is the key

• Like Like x 1
  8. teitzel

teitzel Guest

caught a fish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CORKY/2" PINK SQUID. JUST TURNING,AND A GOOD FISH.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PatrickC

PatrickC Guest

Hit the nasty this morning and at lunch and all that was there was a BUNCH of seals/ sea lions, three other fisherman and no fish, hit mounts on military side and the handicap hole. Guess it's time to fish for metal heads. Tight lines.

10. quicksilver

quicksilver New Member

Fished the Nisqually this evening after work for about an hour on the military side. I think it is still too early for the Kings. I would like to mention that the military side is completely different from last year. It's going to be hard to get in a fish close to the bridge on the military side. Good luck to you all and keep those lines tight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CannonBall Z

CannonBall Z New Member

I was there last night to check out the shoreline after the high water this weekend. With the low tide the log jam movement actually opens up more shoreline to the north closest to the bridge then there has been in the past. The shoreline doesnt go back as far as it used to but its tripled or more in length.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. bigbrass83

bigbrass83 New Member

There are lots of snags at the bridge, but further downstream wasn't too bad

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. NW_fisher

NW_fisher Member

fished for a few hours this mornin, saw nothin but a seal. And the seal didnt look like it saw nothin either

• Like Like x 1
  14. darabbit82

darabbit82 New Member

Went down to the Nasty this morning, got there early 545 am and it was packed, seen 1 fish roll : a lot of new "rookies" there and they were casting way up the stream; and did not have the equipment so you have a long waiting period to cast or they cast over you...smh. Left the river at 830 and not one person had a fish on nor caught one... still early but with the amount of people and all the closures I am debating if it will be worth to come back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. MOFO

MOFO Member

Odd...I crossed the bridge at 6:00 AM on the way to Riverbend and counted 6 cars. Saw 2 guys fishing on the west side. Oh, hooked 1 large King and it broke my 15# test mainline after 3 runs.
    Moe

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
fishing report nisqually river
nisqually fishing report
nisqually fishing report 2014
nisqually fishing report 2015
nisqually fishing reports
nisqually river fish report

nisqually river fishing report

nisqually river fishing report 2014
nisqually river fishing report 2015