Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe the Hawks have a good FA WR signing in the works. Tup: Hope so as Mike Martz is stacking the deck at WR even if it is older guys. I would rather have 5 wideouts lead by Bruce then 5 nobodys. Only problem is my darn QB probably would miss all 5 clown:

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) - The San Francisco 49ers signed receiver Bryant Johnson on Monday, adding another veteran pass-catcher from a division rival to new coordinator Mike Martz's offense.

What's Hot:Hill: Essential NCAA tourney tips
NCAA tourney 1st-round matchups
UNC earns top seed in Big Dance
Dice-K to start opener in Japan
Two Pacers avoid trial in fight case
Top stories | Rumors | Video | Photos
Johnson spent his first five NFL seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, catching 210 passes for 2,675 yards and nine touchdowns. He was the club's third receiver for much of that time behind Pro Bowl selections Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin, but could be a starter in San Francisco.

"Bryant is a young, talented player," 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan said. "He brings big-play capabilities to the offense, and we feel he will bring in an added dimension to the talent we already have on board."

The 49ers have had one of the NFL's most unproductive groups of receivers since Terrell Owens' departure four years ago, but McCloughan has taken another shot at filling that void this spring. San Francisco also signed Isaac Bruce, who spent his first 14 NFL seasons in the NFC West with the Rams, shortly after the start of free agency.

But the 49ers also released Darrell Jackson, who caught 46 passes last season, on Saturday after just one season with the NFL's least productive offense. Veterans Arnaz Battle, who had 50 receptions for 600 yards to lead the team's wideouts, and Ashley Lelie are expected to return next season to San Francisco, and the club is likely to add a receiver in the draft to provide more options for Martz and his pass-happy scheme.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AkKings said:
Until they get a QB does it really matter who they have as recievers? :lol:
Your right on. They want to have Mike Martz style run and gun. Only problem is there gun is a 22 clown:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Don't worry the 49ers will ruin him too. Remember DJack had great numbers before going to San Fran and now he is unemployed. Martz will be the head coach there after this season and turmoil will break out in the locker room 1 year after that. So far they have signed a guy who is collecting medicare and the other was the #3 reciever in Arizona. I reserve judgement until they can get the ball across the 40 yard line with regularity.

They still have not addressed their weakness which is their offensive line so it doesn't matter who they sign at the skill positions, and when Martz installs his no back offense and tries to stretch the field those QB's will be done. Every QB Martz has had has suffered serious concussions due to the length of time they have to hold the ball. Trent Green, Kurt Warner, Mark Bulger, and John Kitna have all suffered serious concussions running this system.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
You could have T.O, Randy Moss, and Steve Smith as starting flankers and without a QB they will be nothing. Bryant Johnson isn't that great anyway. Jackson was a heck of a lot better then him and with Smith throwing to him it didn't work out to well. Good Luck Ice. I think the 49ers need to fire the GM for the moves they have been making. Sounds like they may be interested in Shaun Alexander as well when he is cut in June. :lol:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red Neckersom said:
You could have T.O, Randy Moss, and Steve Smith as starting flankers and without a QB they will be nothing. Bryant Johnson isn't that great anyway. Jackson was a heck of a lot better then him and with Smith throwing to him it didn't work out to well. Good Luck Ice. I think the 49ers need to fire the GM for the moves they have been making. Sounds like they may be interested in Shaun Alexander as well when he is cut in June. :lol:
Actually there GM is new this year. He is doing a good job. But no argument from me about the QB> He does suck and wont get it done. There Oline is fair, they did lose Kwanee Harris but he was slow and not a good first round pick. But the rest of the line is just fair unless they pick up some FA at a skill posision. Still making better FA signings then most other teams for a second year in a row.

I wont be happy till they sign a good QB!

As for Alexander, I will eat my gamefishin hat if they sign him. wink:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I wont be happy till they sign a good QB!
As with I . They have suspect qbs at best. The offense last year couldn't score against Rogers H S.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts