Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent all day yesterday on Cranbery lake. It started out raining and windy but ended up bing a prettty nice day on the water with a good friend. Started out trolling, I had one on using a #60 hot shot. We then anchored and switched beween using nightcrawlers and power bait. My buddy limited out and I ended up with four. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
very nice report robin! I have been out getting skunked on the rivers, i need to fish the lakes again. Nothing like the tranquil relaxing feeling of fishing a lake!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
where is cranberry lake ?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cranberry lake is the small lake in Deception pass state park. It hasn't been stocked yet this year so all of the fish are hold overs from years past. The bite is slow but if you put in your time you can get a few. They also taste much better than the ones that have just been stocked, and as you can see by the pics the meat is nice and red too. Not that mushy pale meat from the ones freshly stocked.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
gator_79 said:
Cranberry lake is the small lake in Deception pass state park. It hasn't been stocked yet this year so all of the fish are hold overs from years past. The bite is slow but if you put in your time you can get a few. They also taste much better than the ones that have just been stocked, and as you can see by the pics the meat is nice and red too. Not that mushy pale meat from the ones freshly stocked.
I was at Deception pass park today. Is this the lake on the drivers side of road as you enter the park? I saw about 15 people fishing it from bank and one guy in a livingston. What are the nets on the west side of lake if this is the lake? I would love to try it. Those look GREAT!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep thats it Ice. Did you see anyone catching anything today? I only saw two other fish caught yesterday.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
gator_79 said:
Yep thats it Ice. Did you see anyone catching anything today? I only saw two other fish caught yesterday.
the guy in the livingston had what looked like 3 on his stringer. Dont know about the bankies. Is it a boat only catch right now? how do you fish it Robin>?

I go to Oak Harbor twice a week. Like to stop by for lunch and wet a pole.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are fish to be had, but it's slow fishing. We fished it from 7:00AM-4:00PM yeaserday. It is not a boat only deal, there are places along the road to pull over and fish. There is also a public dock at the first turn in on the left. Power bait or a nightcrawler is the way to go. Let me know if you want to hit it sometime I'd be glad to meet you there and maybe we can catch a fish or two. The fish, although few and far between are better eating now than in the late spring and summer.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
gator_79 said:
There are fish to be had, but it's slow fishing. We fished it from 7:00AM-4:00PM yeaserday. It is not a boat only deal, there are places along the road to pull over and fish. There is also a public dock at the first turn in on the left. Power bait or a nightcrawler is the way to go. Let me know if you want to hit it sometime I'd be glad to meet you there and maybe we can catch a fish or two. The fish, although few and far between are better eating now than in the late spring and summer.
I will Pm you if I can hit it during week. Do you fish with float this time of year up high in water columb?

·
Registered
734 Posts
gator_79, That's a nice "String of Cranberries" you got there!
(Now if I could just get my Wife to get as excited over a Cranberry Lake Stringer as she does over a "String of Pearls"). :rolleyes: " TRAPPER "

upload_2021-1-3_12-21-35.png

1 - 14 of 14 Posts