Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Hoyt target bow last week on friday.. and decided to shoot the NFAA sectional. That is a 6 state shoot on the blueface target. A perfect round is 300 with 60x. My first day shooting the new bow I shot a 300 and 50, the next day I shot a 300 and 58x.. then it was game time. Sat I shot a 300 with 55x then came sun.. I was clean through the first 6 ends and only droped 4x's. My first shot on the 7th end was a 4, I couldnt believe it, well needless to say I knew my chances of winning were gone and I did not finish as strong as I would have liked, I ended up with a 299 and 43x.. my lowest x count in a long long time.. so for the shoot I ended up with a 599/600 and 98/120x Im guessing Ill place top 5 in the bowhunter freestyle div.. and to me thats not acceptable. That is what makes indoor target archery so tough.. one bad arrow and you go from 1st to 5th or worse. I am shooting the oregon state indoor in 2 weeks and plan on shooting a very high x count and a 600 for the two days, we shall see, until then practice daily

1 - 1 of 1 Posts