Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any inside info on the new TV technology that's suppose to be unveiled in 2008? I read that it's laser technology and is leaps and bounds above plasma/lcd. Makes me wonder just how long the plasma/lcd craze will last...

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Great. Just when I finally got an LCD. Maybe I should have just stuck with LSD. Much cheaper and no commercials or re-runs.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Fluff, be flexible. You can have it all, just spend the bucks. LSD is probably the cheapest, unless you
need that special HD all the time.

If there is an improvement over plasma HD I will wecome it, now matter the technology.

But I will probably wait five years for it to mature.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
It might be a multi-layer LCD which creates 3D effects, or it could be the emergence of better LED technology use for small displays, or a number of things. I haven't been following the video world like I should lately. I'll see if I can find something "new" on displays.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
It could be TFT LCD displays that will be really, really, thin and will create 3D images. It was on the docket to be shown as a larger display at CES this year.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I would think Iceshark would have some input.

Perhaps he has not seen this thread yet.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Big Worm said:
It might be a multi-layer LCD which creates 3D effects, or it could be the emergence of better LED technology use for small displays, or a number of things. I haven't been following the video world like I should lately. I'll see if I can find something "new" on displays.
I heard some news that it was new OLED's that are smaller and brighter, making for smaller and 3d pictures on there TV, OLED's are great Tup:

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
GURU said:
Big Worm said:
I heard some news that it was new OLED's that are smaller and brighter, making for smaller and 3d pictures on there TV, OLED's are great Tup:
You're likely right guru. It was unknown earlier in the year if they would showcase this AMOLED piece again as a larger display. I heard mass production is right on the coat tail of the development, but the display will cost a pretty penny for now. I know AMOLED is coming around and it will be the technology of tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts