Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around here for quite a while and decided to register this morning.

I used to fish the Green as the gorge is in my back yard. I have fished long enough to remember the glory days of the 60's and 70's on that river. It is a shame what's going on with it right now. Between the low fish counts and tweakers I just can't justify the time. I have also fished the peninsula quite a bit as I had a drift boat for over 25 years. Unfortunately the motor wore out and I am fishing out of my sled most of the time now. I fish the southwest rivers a lot when my days off hit just right. I am looking forward to the springer run on the Columbia and plan on hitting it a bunch this spring.

I have seven grandkids and take them to Nolte State Park and fish Deep Lake. I have learned not to take them all at the same time! I live on the very north end of the lake and it's about a 10 minute walk from my front door. My oldest grandson caught his first steelhead this summer. That was an experience that I will likely not forget.

I am also a bowhunter. I shoot a recurve and have done so for about as long as I have been steelheading.

I have worked as a firefighter for 33 years this April. Retirement is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to traveling with my wife of 39 years to places that we have always wanted to go.

I hope to make some positive contributions to the site as I am a believer that no one knows as much as all of us.

b51

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome b51

I'm also along the Green river, about 5 minutes from the palmer ponds and also fish Deep lake. Who know's we most likely have seen each other along the way at some point. Anyway nice to have you on the borad. Tup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Welcome to the board! Maybe when you retire, you can request i get your firefighter position :D LOL, this is a great board, there are some people here that will give you endless information, not to mention how helpful the are, and Sir johns AMAZING giveaways. You should like it here! Tup: Tup:

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Welcome to tthe site!! :cool:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Welcome to the board, looks like you will fit right in Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum B51, I still try the Green once in a while, but it doesn't produce like it used to.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Welcome to the forum b51.

I hope we get to read more of your adventures when you retire and really start life as it was meant to be. Tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts