Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from a 3 day Cow Elk hunt in New Mexico. Hunted the Jicarilla Apache Indian Reservation. Very nice country, very nice people, and lots of Elk. Our party had 6 people and 6 cow tags. Our hunt started monday the 17th, and we had all 6 elk killed, gutted, skinned and hung by 6:30 pm. I had to bone the elk out to bring it home due to Washington regulations to prevent the spread of CWD. I will post some pics soon, need to get some things done and sleep, it was a long drive there and back by myself...

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Nice going Weaz! I used to live down there and 35+ years ago the Jicarilla's had more world class bull elk on their lands than anyplace else in the world.

Glad you got some meat. Good job. Tup:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Look at the Boon & Crockett records for mule deer and you'll see plenty of entries from that Jicarilla Indian Reservation as well. That area must have the right mix of minerals in the soil or something that allows for exceptional antler growth.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Nice job weaz.
I have traveled around that area quite a bit. Never hd the luxury of hunting it though! Lots of elk! Congrats on the cow! should make some great eats!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Good to have you back, nice job on the meat trip. Tup:
As you can see we took care of the snows, during your draw week. wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts