Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on this topic a few years ago and people said it could never happen. My Bro in law does some work for the guy that Owns the patent on the serial number tags. They are little micro tags that would be cast into the bullet. They with stand complete bullet break up. The guy that owns the patent said that 40+ states had legal given legal opinions that this was constitutional. It will take a few passes at the legislatures in each state before the topic becomes front page.

Ammo Serialization (Registration) Bill Proposed in Washington State!
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

Legislation has been proposed in Olympia that poses a very serious threat to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and it needs to be stopped immediately.

House Bill 3359, sponsored by State Representatives Al O’Brien (D-1), Brendan Williams (D-22), Dennis Flannigan (D-27), and Jamie Pedersen (D-43), would require that all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Washington to be coded with an individual serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser’s name, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition.

This dangerous bill needs to be stopped now. HB3359 only serves to harass law-abiding gun owners, as criminals are not likely to purchase ammunition through legal channels. Please contact your State Senator and your State Representative today and respectfully urge them to oppose HB3359. Contact information for your State Legislators can be found by visiting http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/statewide.aspx.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
They know what's best for us, just ask them!

When you have a majority of idiots supporting the likes of Obama, what do YOU think will happen? All they hear is change and hope! They never hear the subtle "let me further restrict your freedom because you aren't smart enough to run your own affairs" message.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I don't get is they whine constantly about the loss of civil liberties. They are the biggest proponent of the loss of liberties.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
IMO, when you consider all of our civil rights, I think we're running at about 33% of current or pending issues/legislation at federal and state levels being a GOP thing and 66% of current and pending issues being backed by THEM.

Will the REAL Americans please stand up? The rest of you, go live with Sir John, thanks.

G

·
I don't own a gun. Never had a reason to own one. I've gone out with my brother a friend of mine and did some target shooting. I actually did pretty good. It was fun.

Now.....as far as the gun law. Although I do not own a gun, I personally don't see why this would cause me a problem (if I did own a gun). I personally wouldn't be shooting my gun where i'm not suppose to.

If you ask me. If the state was to come down harder on these idiots that have guns illegally (punk gang-bangers, meth-heads etc.) Maybe they wouldn't have to waste our money on bills like these. If they have a gun illegally and get caught....maybe they need to spend some time behind bars for a while.

If you want to own a gun.....I think it should be registered. I also feel if you have young kids around, you should have a trigger lock on it and kept in a locked safe (i've read enough stories about "I didn't know it was loaded).

I know this can be a touchy subject for some....but I'm just giving my opinion.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe you also think you should have to register your DNA too?

Read the constitution and see what it has to say about it then research the reason why we have a second amendment.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Yup every birth needs a DNA sample just like the footprint. What a laugh.
People worry about a totalitarian state and yet so many are all for it that it seems inane. The 4 Democrats that are ramrodding that particular bit of assininity are just helping big brother along.
And like Scotland, pretty soon it will be knives. Then rocks an so on ad nauseaum.
'Useful idiots' Vladimir said

·
Registered
296 Posts
Maybe you should register your computer. We all should. that way when we say something stupid or hurtful the speech police can come and take our right to speak away. Do you like your freedom of speech. Let your freedom to own a gun go away and see how soon your freedom of speech follows. Registration is the first step to confiscation. Ask Hitler and Stalin. It worked. Better yet ask the Canadians and the Aussies.
Why would you want your rights taken away. I don't steelhead fish. But I will fight to keep my brothers fishing for them. Don't go after my rights just because you don't do my paticular hobby. Put people away who commit crimes don't go after the law abiding. Criminals don't care about your laws or your rights.
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Pulled this up from an earlier thread. No sense in having them both.

by Skorzeny on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:52 pm

Ammo Serialization (Registration) Bill Proposed in Washington State!
Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

Legislation has been proposed in Olympia that poses a very serious threat to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms and it needs to be stopped immediately.

House Bill 3359, sponsored by State Representatives Al O’Brien (D-1), Brendan Williams (D-22), Dennis Flannigan (D-27), and Jamie Pedersen (D-43), would require that all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Washington to be coded with an individual serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser’s name, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition.

This dangerous bill needs to be stopped now. HB3359 only serves to harass law-abiding gun owners, as criminals are not likely to purchase ammunition through legal channels. Please contact your State Senator and your State Representative today and respectfully urge them to oppose HB3359. Contact information for your State Legislators can be found by visiting http://apps.leg.wa.gov/DistrictFinder/statewide.aspx.

There's magic in the first step.

Report this postReply with quote Re: Screwballs at it again.
by Birch Barlow on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:45 pm

sponsored by State Representatives Al O’Brien (D-1), Brendan Williams (D[22), Dennis Flannigan D-27), and Jamie Pedersen (D-43),

Take notice which political party the sponsors of this bill belong to. "History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme a lot

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
When we're born the government should implant a micro chip in our head that way they can watch us and control us. How anyone can defend the erosion of of our constitutionally protected gun rights is beyond my ability to comprehend. Just ain't reasonable to expect criminals to obey yet another law. After all aren't laws created to punish criminals and protect innocent citizens, not punish us law abiding folks.... conf: Just like Fs said though----- what do you expect from these people??? sick:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
When we're born the government should implant a micro chip in our head that way they can watch us and control us.
No need for that ff. Conservatives are ALREADY controlled by fear, hatred, talk radio, the right-wing blogosphere and FOX News. :shock: :D

I present Birch Barlow as exhibit A! clown: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All kidding aside. What would ammo registration accomplish and HOW exactly does this legislation erode any of our rights?

Serious responses only please... I'm genuinely curious.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Webo,

It is only logical that if you have ammo registered that you have the corresponding firearm. The laws on the books now do not allow a database of gun ownership. So when you buy a firearm today all the records of the purchase are shipped of to Atlanta I beleive and stored in a warehouse. If someone has a question about that firearm they have to manually search for that record. Privates sales are not tracked.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
If you cant control the black market than ammo control is fruitless along with all other stupid moronic ideas they seem to be coming out with.

just my .02

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Webo said:
All kidding aside. What would ammo registration accomplish and HOW exactly does this legislation erode any of our rights?

Serious responses only please... I'm genuinely curious.
Exactly! It would accomplish nothing but that doesn't stop'm does it... conf:

About "rights"?....This BS legislation is a restriction, and any restriction against a constitutionally protected right is an erosion. Ya know on that pesky lil' article called the second amendment, the part that reads---"shall not be infringed", I know it gets in the way sometimes but it's there for a reason... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I'm still confused. The tiny serial number on each bullet is recorded at the time of purchase? Does that mean that EACH individual bullet has a different serial # and when you go and buy a box of say 250 .22 lr's they record EACH ONE?

Then... what will the police do... go out to places in the woods where recreational gun enthusiasts shoot target practice hoping to find bullet fragments so they can cross-reference the serial # and spy on the law-abiding target shooter?

SJ - Black market ammo? I've never heard of that unless it's some sort of illegal armor-piercing type? Criminals can NOW go and buy any ammo they want fairly cheaply at the local gun store. Where would the benefits of a Black Market in 9mm shells for instance come in to play?

It sounds to me like police would love to be able to track the purchase of the individual bullet if one was found at a crime scene or lodged in a body etc.

If the found serial # corresponds to a legit purchase from someone who may have had their gun or ammo stolen... the police at least would have a place to start.

Are people afraid that they might be framed by having a bullet they purchased found at a crime scene?

It STILL doesn't add up to me?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Webo, Each bullet lot would have a serial number embedded into each bullet. So the bullet would be recovered after a crime and the tag would be read. So if you bought a box of bullets they would just search the electronic database and see that you bought them on x date at x location.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
That's how I figured they'd have to do it.

Still... how does that enable the govt. to know how many guns you have or to keep an accurate database of them?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If I buy a box of .45's it would be reasonable to assume I have a .45 caliber weapon of some sort. Unless I eat them like Wheaties.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Ok... that's reasonable. So the govt. assumes you probably have a .45.

Aren't background checks and registrations NOW required to purchase a handgun? That seems like a much more accurate way to create an ownership database?

How about when you are applying for a CWP?

STILL... I'm not getting how the bullet thing infringes on any rights? :?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its illegal to create a gun database in any form. The ammo is a way around the const. There is no electonic database for CWP, FFL etc.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts