Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have got my selection down to 2. The Fishmark 480 by Eagle and the X86 by Lowrance. Anyone ever use either one of these? They are right around the same price and about the same power.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The 480 has almost double the power of the X86, 188w RMS compared to 100 w RMS, if I was choosing between the 2 it would be the Eagle.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I would say go with the 480DF.... Tup: Agian bang for the buck this is a hard unit to beat!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I had an eagle in my other boat and it was great. I had better pixel count than the lowrance for less money.

Don't quote me on this, but you may want to do a little searching about their abilty to handle the weather. Mine was inside a pilot house so it never got wet. I thought I remember something about the lowrance units being a little bit better if they were consistantly exposed to the elements.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fishingbear,
i have a sea charter 480 DF EAGLE that i had on my boat last year, it also has GPS, if you would be interested in it let me know, i would let it go pretty reasonably. I didnt have any issues with it, just upgraded to color.
******* out

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer but I think that model is a bit much for what I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts