Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you AHE hunters think about the new rules. I myself think that we should not have to go thru this reapplication but not reapplication process thing until we actually have to reapply....

·
Registered
903 Posts
Though I am a fan of just rewards for stupid, I'm not a fan of "Zero Tolerance" for anything.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
bigman said:
Just wondering what you AHE hunters think about the new rules. I myself think that we should not have to go thru this reapplication but not reapplication process thing until we actually have to reapply....
The new changes should only take affect upon re-certification...but that's my opinion and the last time a gubmint agency listened to my opinion was.....................................

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd have to agree with both of you guys..seems like thats what we all asked for and ofcourse what none of us got!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
I am waiting to see if I am still in the program.
I recieved one hunting citation in 27 years of hunting and I may be out, the way it is written. I get out in the field 30-60 days a season, depending on life's current issues and get to "meet" with code enforcement ALOT each season. The infraction was an honest mistake, but I was wrong, didn't argue, paid the fine, was that much wiser for the experience. Understanding the entire WAC rulebook and never in your life making a mistake is a lot to ask. We are required to be perfect the instant a situation presents itself in the field with no more than a second or two to make a decision, all that lawyerized WAC text with all those imaginary boundary lines. I worked hard to get that AHE title and know a few bad apples will spoil it for me. I'm a little upset that the 'phd's running our wildlife program can't see past their latest thesis', to spend a few moments looking down at the hunting community of this state. I'm also wondering how much the governor's office has to do with this. I'm not proud of my mistake, but I paid that fine, it should be done. (sorry for the rant, I'll stop now)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Echo Mules said:
I am waiting to see if I am still in the program.
I recieved one hunting citation in 27 years of hunting and I may be out, the way it is written.
According to the paperwork I have in front of me it says...."Individuals with prior felonies prohibiting the possession of firearms, who have prior wildlife or trespassing while hunting convictions within the past ten years, or with hunting-license suspension in another state cannot apply for the Master hunter program."

So Echo Mules...you should be fine. One mistake in 27 years shouldn't count for squat. Tup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts