Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Just post the regs for the Cowlitz. Nobody here fishes anywhere else, apparently.

wink:

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Amazing .. I guess The Indians own the nisqually now . They have it so there is no fishing from a floating device sunday Monday and tuesday , which pisses me off on one hand m,,,,But in the other hand there's really no kings on the days they net , and they lost one day from the past , They use to net till wednesday , But this is a pink year , so i wonder if they think i can't get out of the boat to fish for pinks , The pinks should be plentifull in the nisqually this year , The limit reads 6 fish , 2 adults with 2 bonus pinks , it should read 6 pinks on the net days because the tribe never keeps them any way ,.What ever the deal ,,, I will kill many fish in the nisqually

·
Registered
146 Posts
"Puyallup River: (Pierce Co.) from 11th St. Bridge to White River (804): To be determined"

...is this because of the issues of natives and sporties or the fact that the banks of that river get littered with garbage every pink year?

·
Registered
184 Posts
This has nothing to do with the garbage left by the sporties. There is just as much garbage left by all (Tribes included). All years not just pink years. Additionally I do not believe for a minute its due to past conflicts between tribal fishermen and sporties. It my understanding it has all to do about the Puyallups and the Muckleshoots wanting to close the river for the majority of the runs (54 days). They want exclusive rights to the majority of the fish coming up the Puyallup. Its call greed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
my favorite part....
"Anglers are reminded to respect treaty fishers. Anglers must yield the river to a tribal drift net fisher as the net goes by"

Is this the start of us loosing our rights to fish as well? Tdown:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fishslave said:
Just post the regs for the Cowlitz. Nobody here fishes anywhere else, apparently.

wink:
Sometimes it seems like it huh

Thank you, FishinJedi, for posting the 2013 rules and regs! Now it is time to start planning out fishing schedules and destinations…
Will see ya on the water this year!

"Puyallup River: (Pierce Co.) from 11th St. Bridge to White River (804): To be determined"
...is this because of the issues of natives and sporties or the fact that the banks of that river get littered with garbage every pink year?
I believe the same issues like the Skokomish (both TBD)

my favorite part....
"Anglers are reminded to respect treaty fishers. Anglers must yield the river to a tribal drift net fisher as the net goes by"

Is this the start of us loosing our rights to fish as well?
No, the start was the Boldt decision.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've sent 5 emails and called 3 different peons in regards to the rule changes on the Cow. This state is getting shittier by the minute, it seems. I believe that the leader length and weights used have much to do with whether a fish stays hooked. I also believe that barbed hooks increase the percentage of fish brought to net, bank and boat.

They're making it harder to spend money and time in the pursuit, in this crap economy, such as it is.

A

·
0 Posts
Tulalip Bubble – The season will open May 31 (Fridays through
noon Mondays) through Sept. 2, except closed June 15, and
re-opens Sept. 7-22 (Saturdays and Sundays only). Anglers
may fish with two poles when in possession of a valid Two-Pole
Endorsement.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts

·
Banned
7,960 Posts
Rumor has it possibly next year they will come out with a limit to the lenght of your fishing rod....Longer rods catch more fish, and aid in flossing and are not helping recover wild fish stocks ...

They are considering 4ft rods....the thought here is a stiffer rod..is better than a limber ugly stick......sporties will bust off more fish thus increasing wild fish stocks by never having to handle them...

It's all about the science don't ya know....like barbless hooks for summer steel on the Cowlitz to protect the wild steel...no one has located the wild summer steel and WDFW will have staff out searching for them....and money to fund the search at $145,000 will come from our LCR fee's...and help keep our bio's employed. WDFW will arm all enforcers with a tape measure...and a long rod over the 4ft. limit will face fines of up to $150 dollars and or.....3 days in the pokey.......RJ out.

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
River Jim said:
Rumor has it possibly next year they will come out with a limit to the lenght of your fishing rod..
What? Now you're going to start complaining about the length or your rod? You've had it your entire life why complain now- :D wink: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I noticed Minter Creek is open from June-Oct 31.
Listed as trout but during that time i remember only spring kings and coho?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Too bad that the opening for Fall Chinook on the Chehalis is still set for October. I caught three nice ones last year in September, and I always bump into one or two during that time, but have to let them go. By the time October comes around, they always seem to have moved on or they are brown turds by then. conf:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yup, I knew this was going to happen. Started with my area and it is spreading. The DFW is spineless and the tribe owns them. We need to stop federal funding to the tribes when discrimination like this comes into play. The tribe does not own the water, and the DFW is giving it to them so that they can get it some place else. Those are the words of Pat Pattillo, on how the DFW will give up rights in areas so that they can work other areas. BS, if you ask me.

The time will come... and I hope I am at the front clapping when we all become equal.

codliveroil said:
Amazing .. I guess The Indians own the nisqually now . They have it so there is no fishing from a floating device sunday Monday and tuesday , which pisses me off on one hand m,,,,But in the other hand there's really no kings on the days they net , and they lost one day from the past , They use to net till wednesday , But this is a pink year , so i wonder if they think i can't get out of the boat to fish for pinks , The pinks should be plentifull in the nisqually this year , The limit reads 6 fish , 2 adults with 2 bonus pinks , it should read 6 pinks on the net days because the tribe never keeps them any way ,.What ever the deal ,,, I will kill many fish in the nisqually

1 - 20 of 21 Posts