Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
There is a reason why we have troops in 130 different countries. We need to make sure we can maintain our own security at home.
Its a issue that John McCain would be much better prepared for than Oprabama.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Hey Unc... maybe you could 'splain to me how havin' troops in 130 OTHER countries keeps us safer here at home? :shock:

Ohhh... and if we ALREADY have the troops there keepin' us safe... what difference would it make WHO the president is? conf:

Thanks in advance! ;)

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Have you really forgotten the 'paper tiger' days of the peanut farmer? And he still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
No... and I haven't forgotten about Reagan and the 241 Marines in Beirut either. wink:

Still... the DOD is tasked with our overseas operations. If a threat is imminent somewhere, they would act in the same manner... whether McCain or Obama were president. Tup:

Starting pre-emptive wars of aggression on the other hand... :eek:

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
they would act in the same manner... whether McCain or Obama were president.

Rewriting history Webo? In Somalia how far up the chain did they have to go.
In desert Storm who called of Schwarzkopf on the Hway of death?
Just this past week do you think the DOD command would have fired on the Iranians with out the president in the loop?
How about the deepwater sub games in the pacific that have been taking place the past few weeks do you think the DOD holds the keys to dropping a Chinese sub w/o the presisents OK?

Should I go on or would it be easier for you just to maintain your fantasy.

BTW Obama said he would attack Pakistan and Mac said no.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Just when I think you can't get any more obtuse king... conf:

Somalia - That "blackhawk down" incident happened during the withdrawl of American forces... from a 'military operation' that Bush 1 began at the behest of the U.N. After the choppers went down... did the marines wait for a call from president Clinton before they went into action? If so... that part wasn't in the historical account, the book or the movie! clown:

They took immediate action to rescue the downed marines.

In the case if Iran... we WERE NOT fired upon... constituting an "imminent threat."

Same with the submarine encounters during the Cold War. We played cat and mouse... but NEITHER side fired the first shot.

The ORIGINAL assertion was made by Uncle Cory that McCain would "keep us safe" and Obama wouldn't.

Now YOU say that Obama would bomb Pakistan but McCain wouldn't. Maybe you could 'splain that part to Uncle Cory. :D

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Somalia - That "blackhawk down" incident happened during the withdrawl of American forces... from a 'military operation' that Bush 1 began at the behest of the U.N. After the choppers went down... did the marines wait for a call from president Clinton before they went into action? If so... that part wasn't in the historical account, the book or the movie!

They took immediate action to rescue the downed marines.

What a pud. Clintons people were in secret negotiations with Adidds people prior to the battle of Mogadishu. Because of such he had in palce through the sec of defense a no fire order unless fired upon. The order to withdrawl American forces came a few days after the battle. Yes the marines waited for a call before they responded and it is in the hisorical record showing all the porblems that delay caused. Stay away from the DVD player for hsitory webo.

In the case if Iran... we WERE NOT fired upon... constituting an "imminent threat."
There is a buffer zone of a certain number of feet that constitutes "imminent threat." Webo I beleive it is 500. if its violated acation can be taken. Nothing will happen with Iran however unless GW gets a call.

Same with the submarine encounters during the Cold War. We played cat and mouse... but NEITHER side fired the first shot.

Today Webo not during the cold war our subs are playing cat and mouse.

The ORIGINAL assertion was made by Uncle Cory that McCain would "keep us safe" and Obama wouldn't.

Now YOU say that Obama would bomb Pakistan but McCain wouldn't. Maybe you could 'splain that part to Uncle Cory.

Exactly, Bombing Pakistan would not keep us safe it would through the whole Muslim world into turmoil and would would be fighting a multiple front war. Mac knows this and the fairy tale knight Obama does not.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I know this may be a little off the topic, but the Iranian boats coming close like they did makes me think of the U.S.S Cole bombing in 2000. The Navy should be able to fire at a perceived threat. Clearly, the boats that were weaving inbetween the U.S. Navy boats were sending threatening messages. There will be gunfire exchanged between our Navy and the Iranians soon enough, Iran will see to that.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
According to Webo you must be fired upon BEFORE it's considered an imminent threat. Think about that the next time a scumbag is pointing a weapon at you. You better wait until you're fired upon, and hope he misses before defending yourself or a jury of his peers will convict you of murder.

BTW "preemptive war of aggression"? I've never heard of a preemptive war of passivity... :roll: wink:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
BTW those were not some marines in the Battle of Mogadishu that was the Army's 75th Ranger's and the Armys 1st special forces operation detachment delta.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Webo waits to get ripped off before he puts locks on his doors. He has never had a boat stolen so he leaves the keys in it and parks it on the street. Why take premptive action it too agressive and presumes that people are bad.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Webo, I know a lot of citizens blame Bush for 911 but I didn't know you thought Reagon was responsible for the Beirut atrocity.

It is true the roe got our guys killed in Mogadish. Must have been a Bush faux paux.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts