Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy from Ohio visiting Anchorage next June for a few days and he asked for recommendations for a quality fishing charter for salmon and halibut. They won't have much in the way of equipment so it needs to be a full service charter. I fish Sitka every year and only know quality outfits in SE Alaska. Can anybody who has first-hand experience recommend an Anchorage fishing charter for my friend? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Musicman, I'm as far south in Alaska as you can be without being in B.C. can't help much for Anchorage charters. Where I fish is actually closer to Seattle then Anchorage.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm going to be in AK. in June fishing the Kenai, Kasilof for Kings and Cook Inlet for Halibut. I've got my regular group of buddies going with me again. Gonna be 10 of us so far this year.

If you are interested in a trip to that area, and it's close to Anchorage, I can hook you up with the outfitter/guide I use every year. They are excellent and I can get you a super price too! They have wondeful lodging right on the Kenai River. They will do a day or two also if they are only gonna be there for that long of a stay.

oldguy

·
Registered
240 Posts
Anyone know what the limits are going to be on the Kenai and Kasilof this year? Seems like a costly trip if you're only allowed to keep one fish?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Dogfish said:
Anyone know what the limits are going to be on the Kenai and Kasilof this year? Seems like a costly trip if you're only allowed to keep one fish?
Dogfish, I think AK board of fish are meeting right now. It has been 1 fish a day and 5 for the year for along time on the Kasilof. 1 a day and 2 a year on the Kenai. Thats plenty of fish to bring home if you are lucky enough to catch a limit each day. I usually bring home a bunch of Halibut and maybe 1 or 2 from the Kasilof. I release all I catch from the Kenai.

oldguy

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dogfish said:
For me, It's not the fish, but the experience. I've seen some monsters come out of the Kenai almost like a fresh summer run. That is something to see, a 60+ pounder jumping out of the water. I also go with my brothers and my dad for a true "guys getaway". We get no sleep and fish about 15-16 hours a day. If the reds are in the River system, you can really fill up your cooler there. And 1 halibut trip will most likely keep you in the fish for awhile. If you're looking to bring down cost/pound, for the most part, I'd say go Costco. Somehow I don't have the same memories at Costco, though :D

I pretty much give away all of the fish that I catch and still find it well worth the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts