Gamefishin.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A buddy and I are going to the Rooseevelt/Banks Lake area to try and catch some walleyes. We also wouldn't be averse to catching some perch and smallies too. We have very little time in this part of the state and I was wondering if we could tap into the collective Gamefishin.com knowedge pool and get some helpful hints for catching 'eyes in this area.

Typically we fish bottom bouncer/worm harness/smile blades. This time of year I would expect to fish a little deeper than normal. Also have blade baits, but they are not a confidence system for me yet.

I have fished Rufus for walleye, but it seemed to me to be too dependent on what was going on with the water flows. So we'll probably stay away from Rufus.

Saw some nice eaters come out of the Sanpoil area once when I was there trout fishing.

Anyway, thanks in advance. Appreciate anything you can do to help us get on some fish.

randy

·
Registered
606 Posts
Kramer said:
Banks is reallllly low. Working on the dam so most ramps are not accessible. Just FYI.
+1
I was over there in September and the south end of the lake was pretty much inaccesable. Mid lake didn't look good either. The hotel in Electric city looked like they had brought in some gravel to extend their ramp, but the lake is lowered 30 feet. If you can get your boat in the water the fish should be concentrated. Smile blade and worm harness with a hootchie is all I've used there, think outside the box for color.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The Potholes is normally pretty good this time of year. Throw some jigs and crank baits in with your bottom walkers. This is the opening weekend of bird hunting so there'll be some casting and blasting going on.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Long ago my brother used to fish a lot around the Yacht Club Area on Roosevelt. I am not even sure how to get there. I remember some docks being there. There must be a launch there. It is fairly close to the Dam on the South side (obviously) of the Lake.

We used to fish with nightcrawlers 6 - 12' under a slip flot right off of the Dam for MONSTER Rainbows. They would hang out above the spillways. Cast out and let your gear drift back toward you. Standing on the dam you would be 25-40' above the level of the water. We had basket type nets rigged up with lines that you would drop down to get your fish. Pretty cool to stand on Grand Coulee Dam and fish. I don't think Homeland Security would appreciate these days. I don't know why not. Terrorists don't fish!

Same tactic works well just about anywhere for rainbows. Off the 1-90 bridge over Moses Lake is another good spot.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx friends. I'll be heading over early Monday morning and spending the week. Probably stay at the Sky Deck Motel.

Since Banks looks out of action, we'll be concentrating on Roosevelt. Probably start in the Sanpoil area. Hoping for 'eyes, smallies and perch.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sky Deck. That's the name of the motel I was trying to think of.

I've taken some nice rainbows and landlocked silvers out of that bay the yacht club is in. Let us know how you do!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was camping in vantage and messing around with a 6" black lizard carolina rigged and caught and released a nice fat walleye within the first few minute, may have been luck didn't fish much longer to find out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts