Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
I wonder how the new Canadian regulations about no electronic licenses for that area is going to effect their halibut business. I can't see where that many people will want to take the time to actually drive to Canada to purchase the paper licenses needed to fish halibut across the Canadian line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,603 Posts
I thought it was a good show, but I have a question... Is it not illegal to gaff LINGS?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
992 Posts
The Peddler said:
I thought it was a good show, but I have a question... Is it not illegal to gaff LINGS?
Maybe not in Canada.

Kindof like the Yellow eye thing. After they kept it, they realized it couldn't be brought back to port in WA, so they cooked it up and ate it while they were still in Canada.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's legal to gaff lings in Canada--- and all the charter boats that fish that hole cook the yelloweye for a boat lunch. Alot of stuff in the credits about not being able to keep food down while out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,603 Posts
I musta missed the part about being in Canadian waters.... I assumed WA. Thanks for clarification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
I would think getting a passport or "enhanced" license just to get across the border would be more of a pain then the actual drive to Canada nowadays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
donno said:
I would think getting a passport or "enhanced" license just to get across the border would be more of a pain then the actual drive to Canada nowadays.
I believe, now, you don't have to have it until 2009. I go every year to the Campbell River Store right over the border to get my paper licesne. I couldn't live without it and it is well worth the drive. Anything for the sake of fishing! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
you don't have to cross the border to purchase the Canadian license. You can purchase them in Lynden at Dave's Sporting Goods.

1738 Front Street
Lynden, WA 98264
(360) 354-5591
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,603 Posts
linepeeler said:
you don't have to cross the border to purchase the Canadian license. You can purchase them in Lynden at Dave's Sporting Goods.

1738 Front Street
Lynden, WA 98264
(360) 354-5591
This is unfortunately not true. I just called Daves to confirm. They are no longer allowed to sell licenses. You can buy a license on-line, but the only way to obtain a non-resident license for HALIBUT in Canadian area 121 (waters reachable from Neah Bay) is in-person at a Canadian dealer. A person can obtain a license for their own child (under 16 years) or spouse, but not for a friend.

Here's a link to more info: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/licensing/default_e.htm#Acquiring_an_Online_Tidal_Licence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
linepeeler said:
you don't have to cross the border to purchase the Canadian license. You can purchase them in Lynden at Dave's Sporting Goods.

1738 Front Street
Lynden, WA 98264
(360) 354-5591
I believe at one time Daves was selling fresh water only.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Jerry Garcia said:
linepeeler said:
you don't have to cross the border to purchase the Canadian license. You can purchase them in Lynden at Dave's Sporting Goods.

1738 Front Street
Lynden, WA 98264
(360) 354-5591
I believe at one time Daves was selling fresh water only.
Wow, I apologize, I was not aware that he was not doing it anymore. I have purchased them there for years.

sorry for the possible mislead there people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,603 Posts
No opologies necessary Linepeeler. I think it's the laws that changed. I needed to talk to David anyway, so I gave him a call. When they told me they don't sell 'em anymore, it prompted me to look-up the info on the www.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,213 Posts
Cornfed said:
donno said:
I would think getting a passport or "enhanced" license just to get across the border would be more of a pain then the actual drive to Canada nowadays.
I believe, now, you don't have to have it until 2009. I go every year to the Campbell River Store right over the border to get my paper licesne. I couldn't live without it and it is well worth the drive. Anything for the sake of fishing! :D
And don't forget the basics, a couple Cubans, Tylanol 4's, Moxacilin. wink:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top