Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's going to be at NB during the opening week in May? We'll be there from the 14 through the 18 and fish for 3 solid days. I made my reservations at Big Salmon a few weeks ago and they actually gave me a slip assignment. :? We'll see if it sticks. I'm suppose to be on B26...away from the fish cleaning station. Tup: Got nothing against Ralph and fish cleaning crew, but those dang seagulls! :eek: We're not planning to run to Canada since limit amount is the same as in WA. We'll scratch it out on the WA side.

So, who's runnin'? Maybe we can fish together as a pack...buddy boats...safety in numbers...the more the merrier...etc, etc, etc. :mrgreen:

60 days and counting. :cool:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
If I am up there I will be on the "Tammy Lee" what boat will you be on, I will look for you if I am there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Planning on hitting LaPush for three days, but if gas keeps going up I will be hitting stocker trout. sick:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cornfed will be in pursuit, but not at the opener. Due to business, will probably be heading up with Hang'm High in late May.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Motoring or Trailering ???

If I go I was thinking about motoring the boat over from Edmonds. Anyone care to convoy? It might be a good idea to stick in a pack just in case any trouble kicks up.

BNS

·
Registered
936 Posts
I notice the guy with the 19'open boat. I am thinking of taking my wooldridge cuddy there 19'- and was a little unsure how far out I can reasonably go ... not blue dot or something?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wife and I will be fishing the opener aboard the Ranger out of Lapush...not sure if i'm bringing the boat as i'm a newb to flatties and the salt...better off safe than sorry....We're staying at the Klaloch lodge the night before and heading up odarkthirty to lapush...my first trip there, should be fun. Tup:

·
Registered
330 Posts
20miler said:
I notice the guy with the 19'open boat. I am thinking of taking my wooldridge cuddy there 19'- and was a little unsure how far out I can reasonably go ... not blue dot or something?
The term "Reasonable" is a function of your confidence. Blue Dot is 28 miles from Cape Flattery which is about 6 miles from the dock. If you think that you would like to go 35 miles out and 35 miles in while fishing in typical Neah Bay crappy weather....then go ahead, but I wouldn't recommend it. If the weather is nice, go to Swiftsure. It is only 20 miles out. OR go 4 miles from the dock and drop lines at the Garbage Dump off the N side of Whaddah. I have seen guys in an 18' Boston Whaler go to Swiftsure. it can be done but it is about how you feel.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We're running an offshore center console. Really deep V with self bailing deck. All depends on your boat/hull design and how you drive it. I wouldn't take a Boston Whaler out far either. We won't be risking our necks, but we're not worried about taking one over the bow either.
Let's hope for good weather.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I was thinking of booking 2 trips on a charter. The only thing is my wife will not eat salmon so I have been going to Canada for the last two years on the Candian Princes (oak bay marine group). I did not book a trip this year becouse the cost is just getting out of hand. I could buy 100 lbs of Halibut at costco or go to NB. If I went to NB and fished then came home with NO FISH I just might be sleeping on the front lawn. :( What would you do? I want to fish but I gots to catch something

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Loctite said:
I was thinking of booking 2 trips on a charter. The only thing is my wife will not eat salmon so I have been going to Canada for the last two years on the Candian Princes (oak bay marine group). I did not book a trip this year becouse the cost is just getting out of hand. I could buy 100 lbs of Halibut at costco or go to NB. If I went to NB and fished then came home with NO FISH I just might be sleeping on the front lawn. :( What would you do? I want to fish but I gots to catch something
I would get in contact with Mike @ http://www.jambossportfishing.com. Spots on his boat are very sought after, as he fills his boat fast. I you can get on with him, you're golden. And the best part is he has a very comfortable boat for the ocean, but you'll only have to contend with at most 5 other anglers on board. Quality outfit for sure.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
J.D. said:
Loctite said:
I would get in contact with Mike @ http://www.jambossportfishing.com. Spots on his boat are very sought after, as he fills his boat fast. I you can get on with him, you're golden. And the best part is he has a very comfortable boat for the ocean, but you'll only have to contend with at most 5 other anglers on board. Quality outfit for sure.
Thats who I have been looking at. I was just tring to get a few friends to go to help split the cost. maybe I'll go alone. but that seems boring. thanks for you info

·
Registered
330 Posts
Loctite said:
Thats who I have been looking at. I was just tring to get a few friends to go to help split the cost. maybe I'll go alone. but that seems boring. thanks for you info
I second Mike Jamboretz. He is a top notch guy and knows those waters VERY VERY WELL. He will put you on the fish. You and your friends will not be disappointed. Mike does a lot for the fishing community and I think that anyone you talk to will have him #1 in their book. GOOD LUCK AND TIGHT LINES!

Who needs friends when you have THE SEA? :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts