Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body tryed this?

i have always used rock salt and marthas blueing, this way the bait would be good for a few days
don't know if nates has salt in it or not, and it says it takes 24 hours to cure.
no-- iam not going to tast it :lol:

tight lines

·
Registered
260 Posts
It's been known to catch a few springers, the raspberry cure has been excellent for me.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
haven't tried this cure.
but I have been very happy the last 2 years using the mixture of Pro Cure bait brine crystals, herring oil and green bait dye. It has now replaced my old rock salt brine mixture.

but for old times sake, I still add a little rock salt to the bottom of the container of Pro Cure mix/herring. wink:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I haven't used the herring cure but I've used some other cures they have and I'm not sure if I liked them or not. Would I use them again ? sure just not enough time on the water with them to have a real opinion.

Tough to beat Pro-Cure.
I'd bet the cure in question has salt as well as some bite enhancers thrown in.

I'd say stick with your old tried and true and fish the other rod in the boat with the new stuff.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Bob Barthlow said:
+1
Pro-Cure Brine 'N Bite is the shit, just add your own bluing. Tup:
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use Brine 'N Bite plus I add a equal amount of canning pickling salt and maybe some bad ass bait dye( i have done best with out the dye but there are those days that you need something differnt) Tup: wink:

I have used nate's and it works ok too but i dont like it as well :shock:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nates egg cures work

Some Oregon City oldtimers--i.e Nates crew, swear by the prawn cure and fishing prawns on Sandy bottoms. For years you could buy his cured prawns at a couple sneaky stores in Gladstone Oregon.

I will be using some this year.

The sardine cure works, others have had luck with the Herring cure.

The Brine n Bite stuff has always made my herring mushy, now I either fish fresh hole green label or just add some pro cure non Iodized rock salt and a squirt of bluing to the herring in a zip lock bag.. No water for me, just let it marinate in its own goodness!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I think I tried just about every product he had at his table at the show a few years ago. I've added his bait enhancers to other cures, and used it with his cures. You can add his (nates) bait enhancers to prawns, shrimp, eggs...whatever. It works. Fish eat it. I have'nt used it up yet. I usually have a few kinds of cures with me when I go fishing. One thing I noticed about the nates is its been rare when a fish takes it deep...say..compared to pautzke's were more fish are hooked in the back of the tongue, or flat out swallow it. I am using more pautzke's these days.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
something about "nates bait cure" that just doesn't ring correctly,,,PC wise. wink:

perhaps "nates hatchery fish cure" would remedie the PC-ness for some I'net boards....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I talked to the guy that was selling Nate's Bait Cure at the Puyallup Show about extending the shelf life of 3" frozen Anchovies after thawout for Lake trolling and bottom bouncing. The ones that he had at the show had been cured 8 months prior and to me they still looked very fresh and still had a strong lower jaw. I used 2 capfulls of Nate's herring cure, 1 capfull pickle salt and 2 cups water for 1 LB of the little guys. Brined in the Refrig for 2 days and gently turned over a couple times. Drained them, added 3 oz crawdady oil and after 2 months they still Look and smell like Cuts food. The bad thing about these little Anchovies is that their stomach are delicate and tear easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts