my stuffed and smoked bacon wraped breakfast fatty | Gamefishin.com

my stuffed and smoked bacon wraped breakfast fatty

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by oregondragonfly, Apr 17, 2014.

1. oregondragonfly

oregondragonfly Member

I am going to try to show you how I make my stuffed breakfast fatty and will walk you through the whole process. first the ingredients
    [​IMG]
    1 lb of ground sausage (what ever flavor you like I used country)
    1 lb of reg. or thin slice bacon (make sure there are 14 slices)
    1 lb of potatoes (I used O'Brien it has the peppers in it)
    1/4 cup of onion
    2 garlic cloves
    enough olive oil to cook the ingredients in
    fresh ground black pepper
    options
    chopped jalapeño peppers
    shredded cheese what ever else you want to put in your potatoes
    first sauté the onions and what ever other ingredients you like then the garlic last
    [​IMG]
    then add the potatoes
    [​IMG]
    salt,pepper to taste and cook until browned and done.
    set aside to cool (this is where if you are going to add cheese fold it in)now while it is cooling it is time to prep the sausage get a 1 gallon zip lock put the sausage in
    [​IMG]
    then with a with a rolling pin roll it out out evenly in the bag
    [​IMG]
    put it in the refer to cool. now it is time for the bacon weave lay it out on parchment paper this is the procedure for half you do the same for the other side
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    put this in the refer on top of the sausage now it is time to prep the potato stuffing you take the Cyl. and add the potato mix a little at a time. then pack it down until it is about a 8'' long

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    get the sausage out split the sides and flip the top over
    [​IMG]
    then with the plunger press the potato log out onto the sausage
    [​IMG]
    and roll up tucking in the ends like so
    [​IMG]
    now take it then set it diagonally and roll it up. this is a more sophisticated look than just rolling it horizontal.
    [​IMG]
    tucking in the ends. it should look like this. then pepper and season to taste
    [​IMG]
    now it is ready and time to prep smoker, and load the 'log
    [​IMG]
    cook/smoke at 140 for 1 hr and move it up to 250 for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs according to how you like you bacon
    [​IMG]
    this is what it should look like on the out side
    [​IMG]
    and the inside
    [​IMG]
    you can serve it like a egg Mc muffin on a English Muffin or biskets and gravy like pictured
    [​IMG]
    this can be done in the oven you just don't get the Smokey goodness just cook at 250 for about 2hrs. hint, give your bacon a stretch when laying it out, and when you get your bacon weave done and ready to roll take the rolling pin and roll/flatten the bacon and you will end up with a wider weave. I can't express enough about the SALT. the bacon and the sausage has plenty so you would be way over salting if your seasoning( like Johnny's) has salt. so stick with herbs and pepper or a no salt seasoning. the recipe I have here is great for woman and small children but it can come alive with some chilies and some left over ham or brisket and some pepper jack cheese in the potatoes so go ahead and experiment and have fun. if there are any left overs I slice it and fry it and an egg, makes a very tasty muffin or bisket sandwich for a quick take on the boat breakfast

2. Easy Limits

Easy Limits Moderator Staff Member

Re: my stuffed and smoked breakfast fatty

Outstanding! Tup:

3. captaintrips

captaintrips Member

Oh my!!! clap:

Thank you thank you thank you.

Breakfast this weekend is going to be UNREAL!!!

You sir are a blessing wrapped in bacony goodness!

clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap: clap:

4. oregondragonfly

oregondragonfly Member

about the stuffer. years ago when I first started making these I used a 12'' piece of 2'' PVC and a cut off length of closet coat hanger dowel. it worked ok until made my own stuffer out of stainless steel a few more hints. first spray the inside of the tube with pam or use an oil second after stuffing I put it in the freezer to cool quickly but not freeze so it is more solid and doesn't fall apart when trying to roll it up in the sausage. I make these for Christmas presents and make 10 at a time. with 2 people one cooking the other rolling and weaving they take 30 mins to make. 10 take less than 2 hrs including clean up. they just look complicated.we also make them ahead of time, freeze them and take them camping and cook them on the camp fire so you can make in advance and put one on the smoker, grill, or oven when ever you get the hankering for one. dfly

5. addicted2chrome

addicted2chrome Member

Tup: And now I say the hell with the diet, for at least on morning. That looks freaking awesome. clap:

6. bing

bing Active Member

Wowsers!! that looks awesome! Nice work!

7. havinfun

havinfun Member

Glad that I started looking at this site again since I am going to make this this weekend.

8. oregondragonfly

oregondragonfly Member

I smoked one and froze it a over a month ago and forgot about it so when we went camping last weekend I took it along for breakfast I sliced it and browned it up on the skillet along with some eggs and put them on camp fire toasted English muffins. puts Mc Ds, Mc Muffin to shame. dfly

9. havinfun

havinfun Member

Goes real well with toast, butter and jelly, eggs, hashbrowns, and coffee!!!

Search tags for this page

breakfast fatty bacon weave

making diagonal bacon weave

simple stuffed breakfast fatty

smoked stuffed fatty

smoked stuffed sausage fatty