Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started fishing up at Reiter this morning . What a mad house!!!! I've learned alot from reading and posting on this board, about river etiquette and how to cast with people around. But come on people!!!! You don't cast behind somebody!!! Yep i was scared so i left( was there maybe a half hour ) Saw one guy reel one in Tup: . visibility was 3-4' and green colored. Then i strolled down to the Wallace river in front of the hatchery. Nothing. Nice small river. Then i went and hit Douglas Bar, now that was dirty, 0 visibility. Oh well. I;m heading out Sunday so I'll post an update.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Reiter is Not fun!!! My buddy loves it. (fishgitter :roll: ) I cant handle the way some guys act up there. :twisted: I would much rather walk the banks on any river for hours and no fish than waste a 1/2 hour there. It takes the fishing out of fishing!! sick: Thanks for the report, and better luck elsewhere.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i was next to that guy and he swiched to sand shrimp and caught one on his second cast

but really slow

going back sunday though

and a secert spot

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be out there Sunday also. I'm going to try a prawn tail hooked to a jig, but i have some sand shrimp in the freezer ill give a try. Thanks. Maybe ill see you out there.

·
Registered
520 Posts
in contrast to my statement yesterday i went back today. my buddy talked me into not going lower. glad he did, i went 3 fer 3 and he went 2 fer 2. except when he went to put his on a stringer it flipped out of his hand and swam away :eek: saw about 5 other fish taken as well. both my fish had some color but the meat was nice in one and the other well lets just say she had good eggs. every other fish i saw was chrome. pink and white jigs did the trick. gunna hit the skagit sunday will post report on that when i get back. good luck Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Post some pics!! :twisted: Its always nice to see the reward for putting up with the crowds!! :D Snow levels going way up, so you better get to getten while ya can! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts