Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I don’t have a rod in your hand and the weather is for the birds, there’s always the extracurricular activity.
Making “Rod Racks� and “Bird Feeder Galleries�
How many rods do you have piled up against the garage wall or when looking out the window at that Soggy bird feeder from all that rain?
I've been accused of have Too much time before, but really, I'm not much for just sitting around flipping channels all day and I still don't have the Sweet Peas planted yet.
Everyone has to have fallback hobbies for extracurriculars. Mine is making The Bird Feeder Gallery and lately the Rod Rack.
The Rod Racks 72�Hx48�W hold 56 Rods that can accommodate, as shown, 2 piece rods 10 1/2ft or the butt decks can be lowered to another set of holes that can accommodate 2 piece rods up to 13ft. under home ceiling heights. About 25 hours to make each of ¾� solid Red Oak with 2 brush coats and 2 spray coats of Varathane Floor Finish. The feet have counter sunk felt pads. The Racks get a little crowded with all combos when side by side, but there’s plenty of room when staggered every other slot or to having each level wind reel alternate facing in or out.
The Bird Feeder Gallery is 44� wide that sets on a 4 x 4 Post that can be sleeved with a 4�x4� PVC Sleeve (anti-squirrel), made from all Doug Fir and Red Cedar or Asphalt roofing. 6 hooks accommodate any standard bird feed keeping them nice and dry. They take my about 45 hours to make less the painting.
I drew both of them up on IntelliCADCMS that makes it very easy to make multiples of parts ahead of time before assembling.
Check out the Classified[e "the well-planted seeds of hope," eventually fulfilled by Ronald Reagan. Goldwater was sort of the army ant on whose body Reagan walked to greatness. Thanks, Barry. When later challenged on Reagan's intellectual stature, Buckley said: "Of course, he will always tend to reach first for an anecdote. But then, so does the New Testament."
With liberal Republicans still bothering everyone even after Reagan, Buckley went all out against liberal Republican Sen. Lowell P. Weicker Jr. When Democrat Joe Lieberman challenged Weicker for the Senate in 1988, National Review ran an article subtly titled: "Does Lowell Weicker Make You Sick?"
Buckley started a political action committee to support Lieberman, explaining, "We want to pass the word that it's OK to vote for the other guy or stay at home." The good thing about Lieberman, Buckley said, was that he "doesn't have the tendency of appalling you every time he opens his mouth."
That same year, when the radical chic composer Leonard Bernstein complained about the smearing of the word "liberal," Buckley replied: "Lenny does not realize that one of the reasons the 'L' word is discredited is that it was handled by such as Leonard Bernstein." The composer was so unnerved by this remark that, just to cheer himself up, he invited several extra Black Panthers to his next cocktail party.
When Arthur Schlesinger Jr. objected to his words being used as a jacket-flap endorsement on one of Buckley's books in 1963, Buckley replied by telegram:
"MY OFFICE HAS COPY OF ORIGINAL TAPE. TELL ARTHUR THAT'LL TEACH HIM TO USE UNCTION IN POLITICAL DEBATE BUT NOT TO TAKE IT SO HARD: NO ONE BELIEVES ANYTHING HE SAYS ANYWAY."
In a famous exchange with Gore Vidal in 1968, Vidal said to Buckley: "As far as I am concerned, the only crypto Nazi I can think of is yourself."
Buckley replied: "Now listen, you queer. Stop calling me a crypto Nazi, or I'll sock you in your goddamn face and you'll stay plastered."
Years later, in 1985, Buckley said of the incident: "We both acted irresponsibly. I'm not a Nazi, but he is, I suppose, a ***."
Writing in defense of the rich in 1967, Buckley said: "My guess is, that the last man to corner the soybean market, whoever he was, put at least as much time and creative energy into the cornering of it as, say, Norman Mailer put into his latest novel and produced something far more bearable -- better a rise in the price of soybeans than 'Why Are We in Vietnam?'" (For you kids out there, Norman Mailer was an America-hating drunkard who wrote books.)
Some of Buckley's best lines were uttered in court during a lengthy libel trial in the '

Attachments

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I love the rod racks. I'm curious - where do you get the twist-ties for the top rail?

I have the lumber and was planning to build a new rack for my rods this weekend or next. I really like your design ideas.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Keysrob said:
I love the rod racks. I'm curious - where do you get the twist-ties for the top rail?

I have the lumber and was planning to build a new rack for my rods this weekend or next. I really like your design ideas.
I'd be glad to help you. I will Get back to you with details about resourses for the Twist Ties, the Connector bolts, and the mounting procedures that I do for the Twist Ties by Thursday evening. Mark

·
Registered
488 Posts
Netdab,
Nice meeting you yesterday.
That is some fine wood working there! I enjoy wood working too, but I lack the patience you obviously have, that is needed for top quality.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I was wondering about your source for the twist ties as well. Seems like and elegant solution for many applications in my garage. Info on where you get yours would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I have seen those racks at Big George's place. I like your bird feeder. Here is my new bird table, a local feller made it for me.

I will show him your bird feeder and this will give him an idea on how to build them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sir john said:
I have seen those racks at Big George's place. I like your bird feeder. Here is my new bird table, a local feller made it for me.

I will show him your bird feeder and this will give him an idea on how to build them.
Yes, you did see the same Racks. I'm in the process of making 2 more of them for Big George, hoping to have them done in about 2 weeks.
Is your bird feeder anti-squirrel. The one in my back yard is not anti-squirrel, but they sure hate my water Cannon when they think they're goning to get a free meal.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Your rod racks caught my eye right away at the sportsmans show. They look real sharp, Quality work Netdab! Tup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts