Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything bad that happens to me is because I don't forwarded various emails from my Aunt, brother and Mom to ten friends. Here's another one she sent that I didn't forward but is lagit.

Google has implemented a new feature which enables you to type a telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and you will be given the person's name and address. If you then hit Map you will get a map to the person's house. Everyone should be aware of this! It's a nationwide reverse telephone book. If a child gives out his/her phone number, someone can now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety issues are obvious and alarming!!! You can have your phone number removed or blocked. Please look up your own number! In order to test whether your phone number is mapped, go to: Google (http://www.google.com/ ) Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit enter. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private information, simply click on your telephone number and then click on the Removal Form. Removal takes 48-hours. Check your own number, and although this may not apply to you if you have an unlisted number or cell phone as primary contact, you may know someone else who needs to know this. Please share this information with friends & family!!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I am shocked! :shock: Google has my number! :eek:

Even worse... Several hundred other online phone directories have it too.
And it doesn't stop there! There are two printed directories distributed free to nearly every household in my county with the same information. :eek:

It is a listed phone number. The only reason I see to have an unpublished number is to avoid solicitors with there automated dialers... But then my friends and relatives cannot find my number without either calling or writing a letter of request.

Actually, this is an old feature that has been provided by google for almost as long as google has been in existence.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Yes I remember doing it about 7 or 8 years ago.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
TRAUT said:
wannafish said:
Yes I remember doing it about 7 or 8 years ago.
That's funny, I can't remember last year, much less 7-8 years ago conf:
I have that affliction too. :shock: :(

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Yep been like that for a while. If I type in my number it shows the same number on seperate lines for my wife and myself click on the map and it shows us living in two different places that are not even anywhere near to where we actually live. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts