Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minimum !! The M's have replaced Weaver and Ramirez who won 15 games between them for a team that won 88 games with Carlos Silva and E. Bedard who will probably win 40 between them.. That gets you to 113.. Richie will be a candidate for comeback player of the year hitting 45 dingers with 125 rbi's, that should be worth 5 more wins, that's 118..Wilkerson was born for Safeco field, that's a couple win upgrade from Guillen. If Beltre hits 48 homers again and drives in 150 runs, this years team might have a run at 120 wins..With two aces in the rotation, I see them just blowing through the playoffs and into the World Series, and long suffering M's fans will be popping the champagne around the 1st of November

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I think someone has hijacked DMack's account. It was just a couple of weeks ago he wanted to start the season with a team made up of AA/AAA players. :) He is sounding a lot like Iceshark :)

I was listening to KJR on my way home and Dick Fane was computing the numbers between last seasons starting staff and this years staff with Silva and Bedard in the rotation. Last season the starters had an ERA of 5.09. IF you replace Weaver and Ramirez with Silva and Bedard the ERA drops to 3.99. That would have moved the team from 26th (I think) to #1 in baseball. How many more games would that win us?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ML, don't you have some leaders to tie up or bait to cure??? Maybe spool up a reel or something?? A's and Angels will suck this year cause that would be better for the M's!!!! This is the new me, Mr. blind optimism!!!! It feels so liberating to release all those negative thoughts!!! Tup:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DBA, I just heard John McClaren on KJR and he really fired me up!!!! What a motivativg guy!!!!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I think someone has hijacked DMack's account. It was just a couple of weeks ago he wanted to start the season with a team made up of AA/AAA players. :) He is sounding a lot like Iceshark :)
That is funny. We have another Gupper in the house :mrgreen:

I think if the bats stay consistent we win 92 this year Tup:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SportJet said:
DBAppraiser said:

Wow, that really hurts... Cuts me most deeply..I think I went insane for a minute :roll:

The real truth is that Bedard and Silva will both have higher ERA"s even though they pitch half their games at Safeco..The M's defense is that bad ..They M's were lucky last year going 27-20 in one run games... I know, that's because they have a great closer and gritty veterans that play the game right, right??? Boston with Papelbon was 22-28 in one run games..Yankees with Rivera 18-21.. Rangers with no one 26-18.. You can't count on luck every year..Vidro's a joke at DH. Sexson is done, Raul is one step away.. Wilkerson will strike out 200 times if he plays everyday and Safeco will eat him up. No veteran lefty in the bullpen, crazy rah-rah in your face manager. 90 wins would be a miracle

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
That's more like it. I think they win 94 games. Starters will be much better this year (assuming Bedard trade goes through) which means bull pen works alot less. Sexton is in the final year of his contract and bounces back to hit .265 with 37 hrs and drives in 115. Wilkeson will be a platoon guy and look for the M's to pick up another right handed hitter or our other young outfield prospect (Vladmir) wins a spot in spring training. Vidro isn't really a DH type guy as he has no power BUT he is a decent #2 hitter as he can move Ichiro over to 2nd and hit behind a runner, good contact guy. 94 wins will win this division.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Dmack are you drunk? This doesn't sound like you :lol:

I'm gonna go for 95-105 wins this year. The Bedard trade will go through. Jones and Sherril already passed there physicals, now they're just waiting on Bedard

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wilkerson is a weird lefty in that his career batting average is .265 vs. lefties and .245 vs righties.. The ol double lefty platoon with Ibanez??? Raul hits .293 vs. righties and .260 vs. lefties for his career. .305 and .250 last year..That's thinkin out of the box!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
The only thing to be said is that with or without Bedard the M's will not be playing in the postseason. But it seems that M's management is clearly willing to hamper the team's future just to create buzz/save face and keep people coming to the ballpark in the present.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
thepoth said:
The only thing to be said is that with or without Bedard the M's will not be playing in the postseason. But it seems that M's management is clearly willing to hamper the team's future just to create buzz/save face and keep people coming to the ballpark in the present.
sick: sick: sick: sick: sick: sick: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I totally agree Dmack. I also listened to the interview and now I am totally pumped as well. He has to be a great manager to play for, with that kind of attitude towards his players.

I agree about Richie Sexson, he will be ok. Last year was just a weird year for him. I really liked how he talked about Hernandez and Morrow someday being #1 and #2 punch. I am more excited about this season then any ever. Its going to he a heck of a year and Seattle fans are really going to finally have something to root for in the playoffs. I cant wait for March 31st.

Hernandez #1
Bedard#2
Silva#3
Batista#4
Morrow/Washburn#5. I think Morrow could move up though. The guy is awesome.

Best rotation in the A.L. West

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
dmack said:
SportJet said:
DBAppraiser said:

Wow, that really hurts... Cuts me most deeply..I think I went insane for a minute :roll:
Im laughing hard with ya man! Tup:

I do see them taking 92 this year. I think they play good quality ball and the changes in pitching rotation are finally going to have a positive impact. I am stoked for the season ... Lets play ball!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Dude.....Go back to bed................................. So you can dream without typing.
LOL!!! I would expect between 93-96 wins with a close race for the AL West until the last week of the season. I think if they win 93 they get the wildcard. and 94+ should get you a AL West Title!

·
Registered
790 Posts
kingcracker said:
thepoth said:
sick: sick: sick: sick: sick: sick: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown: Tdown:
Hey just my opinion King. IMO the M's have too many holes and the AL is just too strong. I allready have some poker pals that are going to throw thier money my way if we land Bedrad - yup they are going to bet me that the M's win the west and all that. I'm not saying we won't be competitive, I just think there are too many other better teams in the AL for us to make the playoffs and I will stick to it unless we make some unforseen pickup/trade that makes us a good bit better after the Bedard trade.

·
Registered
162 Posts
News just in from Baltimore:
The Mariners finally finished their trade with Baltimore by including Bavasi, Mclaren and Richie Sexson along with 100 million dollars. Bedard will join a Mariners team led by 11 million dollar per season Carlos Silva and his outstanding 33-37 record over the past 3 seasons.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Has usual the new trades will put the mariners in the post season with 103 wins, and we will all be jacked just to have our spirits crushed by loosing in the wild card series to 90 win yankees, or indians, or A's or whomever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts