Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like my days of fishing the Puyallup and Nisqually are over for now. I got a new job selling cars down in Portland so I'm headin down Friday. Plus side is the Clackamas river is apparently open to steelhead fishing year round and so is the Sandy river. So if anyone knows of any great spots on those particular streams let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I spend many days a year guiding on the Clack and Sandy, and heck I live right here in MIlwaukie too. It's not too bad living here...1.5 hours to Tillamook/Nestucca, 2.25 hrs to Nisqually, Hour to N.Fk Lewis, Columbia is a lot closer wink: , and with the runs of springers projected to go over Bonneville and into WInd/Drano, your move could not be timed better IMO.

You banking it, or have a boat? I can line you up on a few spots and when to fish them if you want. Send me a pm !

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet good to know that there are some gamefishers in area. I will be banking it at least untill I sell a few 08' silverados lol...but seriously it would be nice :lol:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fishing springers and summer runs on the upper Sandy is probably the thing I miss about Portland the most (aside from the strip clubs). You'll find that it's much easier to get to the river without all that Seattle traffic, and the Sandy should be pretty interesting in the next few years with Marmot Dam gone. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I'm right across the river in Vancouver. You'll hate Portland. Fishing is good, but Portland just flat out sucks. Anytime you wanna cross the river and fish Lewis rivers lemme know.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've been down alot over the last 6 months or so and I must say I have never seen that many white folk with dreadlocks in my entire life as I have seen in portland. And strip clubs WHAT??? you mean that there is more than steak to be had at the Accropolis? wink:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Where your headed you can forget about the rivers you have been fishing ... you will learn some great ones down there Tup:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
;There is a guy living near the mouth of the Cowlitz that is considered "The Shad Man" by many.
You ever wanna give it a shot let me know and I am sure I can hook you up with a day in the boat. I think I..I mean he even has a 12 day stretch of vacation scheduled during the peak of the run just before mothers day.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds great guys thanks for the info. I'm headed to Joe's here in milwaukie in about an hour to get my license cause it looks like tomorrow morning I'm gonna give the Clackamas a try. And Sunday depending on how tomorrow goes I might drive out to the Sandy. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Brian :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts