Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW!!! THIS WAS HOWARD LINCOLN???????

"No, absolutely not," Lincoln said when asked if he could imagine any scenario coming up during the 2008 season in which he'd consider adding one of the game's best hitters. "No. No. No."
Mar. 21 - 2:36 pm et

I have a New respect for Howie! Still none for Bill...?.. Uh, Uh... NOPE, thoought I felt something there for a second.

For the whole article: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp...2008news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnered=rss_mlb

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
I don't know why people think the Mariners need Bonds. He's in the middle of a decline and who's to say how fast it will take until he bottoms out. The M's have more good young bats then postions and should be more than fine. This is going to be a fun year to watch.

Glad Lincoln doesn't see the appeal.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
And I will laugh and laugh and laught. Then go to more games! Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
It would be a bad move. He is done and is not a team player. He would ruin any chemistry that a team has built or is building. Still alas, someone will sign him. I say a Florida team.

·
Registered
162 Posts
You gotta be kidding me.
Last 2 seasons:
256 games, 54 HRs. 143 RBIs, .467 OBP., and 247 walks. With that swing of his he is still the most feared hitter in baseball. He will definitely sign with someone, he has way too much talent to pass up. As soon as teams like the Mariners see how little offense they have, or someone like Boston has an injury to a key player he will be signed in a hurry. Nobody wants to face him.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Cory, 2 years ago he played in 130 games and last year he only played in 126. That means he has missed 32 games and 36 games the last two years. Also there is no guarantee he can DH effectively, it takes a special mindset to be able to DH. Would you pay a guy $14 mil to DH for your club that hit .276 with 28 hrs and only 66 RBI last year? Plus he is going to be indicted on perjury charges in the near future and his impending trial will be a huge distraction in the club house. No thanks.
Red Sox can have him, I would love to be a fly on the wall in that club house with Bonds, Schilling (particularly after Schilling has ripped him in the press) and Manny. Yikes!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Bonds is a washed up juice head that will never be productive again. We are way better without him. If our pitching can just get on board and ride the zone we are money for October baseball. Tup:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I don't believe that at all. In 2001 the M's won 116 games win no real bonafided superstars on the squad, the Rockies and the Diamond backs do not have those kinds of players either and they went far last season. If Bonds is such a great signing why is he still unemployeed? The Yankees will sign just about anyone and they aren't interested, the Angels aren't interested, the Red Sox aren't interested. So far only Tony LaRussa and the Tampa Bay Rays have shown marginal interest. Barry should just go home and start preparing his legal defense.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Uncle Cory said:
The Mariners will keep being the vanilla losers they are now until they start taking some chances like signing Barry.
They have taken some good chances and thankfully Barry wasnt one of them. He is done.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
When Sexson, Lopez. and Wilkerson are hovering around the Mendoza line, Ibanez gimping around with his annual hamstring issues, and Vidro hitting an empty .300 with no power and no RBI Barry will look pretty good.. Besides taking off a day game off after a night game, Barry has been pretty healthy the last 2 years.. Every team thinks they have it all figured out now, but give them a couple months..Heck the M's spent 14 million last year on a first baseman that played 121 games and hit 21 homers and had 63 RBI, and will pay him 14 million more this year.. Add 8 million for a dh that has 20 homers and 138 RBI in his last 3 years combined. The M's are definately not afraid to spend/waste money

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The M's are too goody goody to ever sign the evil Barry Bonds.. Mike Morse is ok though!! Here is the new Mariner Logo

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Bonds WAS one of the games best hitters. He is no longer in that category. If you want to go and get someone to DH that is left handed and will bring more people to the park go and bring Ken Griffey Jr back home where he belongs.
Amen, I have been saying this for years, the money the team would make from having him back, and what he would bring to the locker room would definately give us a shot at putting the angels in there place for good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts