Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
SportJet said:
I need a life
No you don't. Those are good pics! Tup: Just keep taking them and posting, you'll be fine wink:

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Great shots! I can barely operate my camera in the daylight, and gave up totally last night in the dark :oops: !

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
what lens were you using for the moon shots.I had my 400 out last nite trying but i couldnt find my tripod and had to hand hold.Shots came out like crap from my Nikon D-100..

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Those pictures are okay. Tup:

Did the moon turn red or orange during the eclipse. They were expecting it to turn orange over here but we saw nowt because of the cloud.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnguz76 said:
what lens were you using for the moon shots.I had my 400 out last nite trying but i couldnt find my tripod and had to hand hold.Shots came out like crap from my Nikon D-100..
the camera is a sony dsc-h3 and I had it zoomed almost all the way in. Still trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nice close-up pictures! Would hate to be one of your neighbors with that kind of zoom lens clown: .

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Nice close up shot, Chuck Tup: I couldn't get that sharp and we have almost the same camera. It takes a while to figure out all the settings, I'm still working on mine :|
Taken with a Sony DSC-H1 around 8 pm.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome pics Howard! Tup: I got tied up with kids and homework and missed the colored moon shot I wanted.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I didn't even know there was going to be an eclipse. We were in San Diego swimming in the pool whenI looked up and saw the moon was gone. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Hey Chuck and Howard,

Nice moon shots! Tup:

I did not even know about the eclipse until after it was over. :(

It takes a little practice to find the right settings for great moon shots but the Sony H series are a great camera for it. Get the telephoto converter, it really helps to get in close. You can see the craters with the telephoto converter.

Here is a shot I did last year.

Check out this site: http://www.aakatz.com/whitepaper/

That guy is an expert on the Sony H series cameras. Its a lot to read but there is a ton of great info on everything to do with the H series.

Damon

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts