Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
fishn2gthr4ever said:
Does any one have directions " location" and any helpful information on this launch. Thank you in advance.
Heres what it says from this link I have not used it in years so sorry not much help.Take hwy 16 between Bremerton and Silverdale is the off ramp to Seabeck the link gives the rest.

http://www.rco.wa.gov/documents/Interac ... data.htm#1

Misery Point (WDFW) - Hood Canal
Kitsap County

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waterbody: Hood Canal
Site Manager: Fish & Wildlife Dept of
Nearest City:

Boat Launch Type
# Type Description
1 Launches Ramp - concrete, solid
Trailer Parking
# Type Description
30 Trailer Parking Gravel
40 Trailer Parking Paved and striped

Special Note:

Description:
The concrete ramp has cracks. The left side of the ramp has developed an abrupt edge from currents. The right side of the ramp accumulates sand and gravel due to tidal currents. No overnight parking or camping. No designated disabled parking. The light pole near the vault toilets has been chopped on. The gravel parking lot is across the road from the boat ramp and paved parking area.

Directions:
From Seabeck, SW on Seabeck-Holly Rd .6 mi; R on Miami Beach Rd, go .6 mi; L to paved parking area; boat ramp.

Last Updated: 2/18/2000 2:31:53 PM

·
Registered
50 Posts
from tacoma take 16 towards bremerton- 16 turns into 3 towards silverdale- take newberry hill exit- turn left to end- turn right on seabeck hwy- go through little scenic town of seabeck(store, cafe, coffee shop) past old school- turn right on miami bch rd. top of hill stay to right- launch is at bottom hill on left. now if you are launching a 21' it better be above a 6' tide. the launch has good angle then flattens out- no floats so it is a chest wader launch- wind blows most every afternoon- i have a 19' and i pick my days. The kitsap poggie club has spent a bunch of money getting the ball rolling on a new elevated ramp, but the locals are complaining. hope it goes through- this could be a great diving and fishing venue with a good launch. there is only one other launch on the east side of the canal and it is up by the floating bridge buuttt they pull there floats. hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts