Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to tell what size of tires a set of chains would fit. I have a set of 4 real chains that are from my old 1985 F150. The chains are in great shape but I don't know what size tire they would fit. Thanks, Mike

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
One set of chains will usually fit many different sizes of tires. If they came off a truck you probably had 15 or 16 inch rims and they were probably 70 series tires. So, unless you had monster truck tires on the old truck they will probably fit on your newer vehicle.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
without a label to identify what size the only way I can think of is to try them on at home BEFORE going up in the snow wink:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
SportJet said:
without a label to identify what size the only way I can think of is to try them on at home BEFORE going up in the snow wink:
If you are going to just try them on, it is easier to try them on your spare tire.

And if the chains fit on the spare tire then get another tire and rim and mount those chains on both tires. It is much easier to change tires in the snow than it is to wrestle chains to put them on when you are out in the snow.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I was asking is these chains are from when I was a hunting guide in wyoming and I was thinking of selling them. I do not need them myself but I ws thinking someone else might.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts