Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you think he's going to chose ?
A woman perhaps....................................... wink:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I think McCain's VP needs to be a younger person who is embraced by the party. Someone who is strong in economic policy as McCain has stated that this is his weaker area. Being female couldn't hurt but I don't think it is necessary but I do think this person needs to be from the south. No its not Huckabee but I'm not sure who it should be either.

I think he should beg Condolezza Rice to be his running mate but I doubt she would do it. My guess is that she has had just about enough of public service and testifying in front of the bone heads on the hill.

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Younger and more conservative..............I think so too.
South is almost a GOP given these days, so maybe not all that important. Charlie Crist has been mentioned (FLA.) but he is rumored to be gay, so that would pose problems for the GOP 'base'.

There's always the 'perception' that the GOP isn't always that friendly towards women and minorirties, so won't suprise me if he chooses from one of those groups.

Sarah Palin was mentioned by some Republicans I know, but coming from Alaska, she probably doesn't bring much in electoral clout. Evidently she has some ambitions nationally, but I really don't know too much about her.

Other than she's almost the only Republican in Alaska who isn't under investigation by the FBI..................... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised if he chose Lieberman. If not, Colin Powell would be a great choice....Condoleeza is too close to Bushco to be viable.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
wont be Liebermann. He has not raised a dime for the republicans. Plus he would be good cover for democrats to cross over and vote for McCain....Believe me there still are quite a few sexist and racist people who are democrats who will never vote for a black person or a woman...some person who is latino would be a good choice for McCain...Asians and Latinos will not vote for a black person either...they will vote for a honky white boy before they do that....sorry if this offends some people here but it is the truth.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
reelinanrockin said:
Believe me there still are quite a few sexist and racist people who are democrats who will never vote for a black person or a woman
That is one reason why McCain is a Republican. The left wing racists can fight amongst themselves as much as they want and it will never affect his base of voters other than to further disgust them and further alienate them from the Democratic Party.

He will pick a running mate with strong, mature, conservative values. Even our all knowing predictor of divisiveness will be surprised with the choice. :lol:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Come on lads and lass surely you can do better than this.

Div asked an honest question but so far not many of you are willing to name a name. You are only coming up with maybes.

Stick a name or two down and we will see who is the winner when McCain says who is going to be his running mate.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Sorry John. He does not have a need to know. He will find out when the time is right and I prefer that he be surprised with the choice. :p

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Hey Bonzo is the chimp of the same name still alive, if he is then he could be named as McCain's VP, the extreme RW would be happy as there would be a link with Ronnie. :lol:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
ok John, I play with 2 names...house minority leader John Baynor....or cong. Dave Reichert..from Bellevue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts