Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Another Willie Bloomquist like player who can play anywhere in the IF and the corners of the outfield. Good contact hitter too. Good pick up

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Loctite said:
They have to better than that to get to a post season
No kidding. With the loss of Guillen, our offense (on paper) has taken quite a hit and we still don't have a good enough starting rotation.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
well we can choose to compete this coming year by trading our prospects, or hope it pans out and in a few years have a good group of core players(possibly superstars? lol) like Jones, Clement, etc.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Just what we need.. Another Willie Bloomquist... Just older slower and more expensive...Wasnt Mark McLemore available???

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
dmack said:
Just what we need.. Another Willie Bloomquist... Just older slower and more expensive...Wasnt Mark McLemore available???
LOL Tup: Mark McLemore thats a step down from bringing edgar back wink:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
You always gotta have that gritty veteran leadership... He'll be good in the clubhouse... He'll be a good influence on our younger players...He comes to work everyday with his lunchpail...blah blah blah...... Tdown:

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta love the "think with the cup half empty" attitude.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I think your mistaken with that comment...You won't find a bigger Mariner fan than I am. I don't like a lot of the moves they make because I want them to do well, not the other way around :? Signing Cairo for 850,000 seems like a lot of money for a guy that is only gonna get 50 at bats and really has no future..If he turns out to be more productive than Lopez I would be shocked!!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Baseball, fishing, and beer in that order is my life.

I'll be starting 3rd base for the Vancouver Flyers this summer. Its a colligate league

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Thats awesome.. My cousin pitches for the South Kitsap collegiate summer league team.. I don't think they are in the same league with Vancouver..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Bottom of the 9th, 2 out, winning run on 2nd...who do you want...MIGUEL CAIRO??
Top of the 9th, 2 out - bases loaded, you need to keep the run from scoring....who do you want...MIGUEL CAIRO??
Game 3 of playoffs, tied 1-1...who do you want...MIGUEL CAIRO??

Middle of the 4th inning, down by 8...who do you want....MIGUEL CAIRO??

Please, is this the best we can do?

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The point of having someone like Miguel Cairo is to change things up. Miguel will do better in certain situations than bloomquist wood. If Cairo is a bad choice, than whats the point of having Bloomquist in the lineup. Give players a day off, and change things up a bit. Cairo has good career numbers. He can also help out Lopez get his act together with his experience. Who knows, maybe he will have a stellar year and end up starting 2nd base? Don't piss on it till you know whats up.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
In my mind Cairo is a bad choice because you already have Willie B making a million a year to do the same thing, exactly like you said King.. Maybe with Cairo here, Bloomquist will be part of the trade for Bedard instead of Adam Jones... Now that move I could get behind!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Mariners need to make more improvement than this. The way all the court cases are getting moved back the Mariners need to try to sign Barry Bonds to an incentive filled contract. That would give them someone to bring up late in the game who can actually produce results. Career 298 ba, 762 HRs, 1996 RBIs, OBP ,444.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Late in the game, early in the game, and in the middle of the game Barry Bonds would look good in a Mariners uniform smashing homers off the Hit it Here Cafe!!! Now your talking!!!!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
He will fill the utility roll. Now we need to go after some serious Pitching! We need a guy with the McNasty and we need a dude that throws the heat baby :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
They need to do better then Cairo. They dont need another player like him. Unless they are planning on trading a couple of starters.

I guess talks with Baltimore for Bedard are really heating up, maybe they plan on getting rid of Bloomquist in a trade or something, maybe Lopez or Beltre hmmmm.

They really need another slugger, Adam Jones isnt going to produce and Sexson isn't going to magically get better. Vidro is a good hitter, but not a good DH for the American league IMO.

They are going to have to really step up and get a great positon RBI player at 2nd or 1st or a heck of a DH to win the pennant this year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts