1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
What site are you getting this info?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
That has been pretty widely reported.. A website full of Rabid M's fans U.S.S.Mariner.com says AJ is in the lineup tonight in Venezuela for what that is worth..I hope they decided not to trade him!!!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The latest post on the Baltimore Sun blog says he way cleared to return to play for the M's team there???

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Here is what I have seen and read in the last few minutes. Apparently the Mariners are in talks with Luis Gonzalez. If Jones is gonna be traded, looks like luis will take his spot and hopefullly its a trade for Bedard.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
can't rule out santana either. very unlikely but AJ is the key piece to that puzzle also

I think Morrow will make a very very good number 2 starter in his career. Bedard/Santana, Felix and Morrow could be something special in the next few years!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
That sounds like a great starting staff.. Its too bad Santana would never come here and Bedard would be a two year rental at the most!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Adam Jones needs to go. He wont amount to much anyway IMO, he is just another minor league star. Typically you find a star right away, it doesn't take two seasons and then the third is the charm for positon players. Trade him while there is value, get another proven pitcher.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
Adam Jones needs to go. He wont amount to much anyway IMO, he is just another minor league star. Typically you find a star right away, it doesn't take two seasons and then the third is the charm for positon players. Trade him while there is value, get another proven pitcher.
Tup:

Bedard now is more important to the Mariners than Adam Jones in his prime. especially if he doesnt amount to much

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As hard as it is to find good quality starting pitching, trading Jones for a Bedard is a no brainer. Outfielders are much easier to come up with then quality starting pitchers. Just take a look and see what mediocre starters get paid in free agency, Gil Meche is a prime example of this.

BTW, the Baltimore Sun report turns out was incorrect. While Jones was pulled from the lineup over the weekend I guess he has returned to the lineup today.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Players that put up Adam Jones numbers at the ages he has very rarely fail.. In fact the chances of a pitcher having a catostophic injury is about the same..Building from the farm system like the Indians and Rockies is the way to go in my opinion..Jones, Clement, Morrow, and Carlos Truinfel, are some of the highest rated players in all the minor leagues, and it would be a shame to see them be stars in another city like Jason Varitek, Carlos Guillen, Dereck Lowe, and Asdrubal Cabrera..In my opinion they need more than one starting pitcher.. Who will play first base and right field???

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
We need Iceshark to predict that the Anaheim Angels will win the AL West and he needs to pick the M's to finish in the cellar. That would guarantee we win the division! wink:
ROFLMAO!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I think we can all agree Mike Cameron is mediocre and he just signed for 7 million for one year.. Actually one year minus 25 games with his steroid suspension..I'm sure if the M's sign Luis Gonzalez it will cost 8 million..About the going rate for a serviceable starting major league outfielder.. The M's could have AJ for 5 years for that price..

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
kingcracker said:
DBAppraiser said:
We need Iceshark to predict that the Anaheim Angels will win the AL West and he needs to pick the M's to finish in the cellar. That would guarantee we win the division! wink:
ROFLMAO!!! :lol:
That would be the kiss of death for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim Tup:

·
Registered
790 Posts
dmack said:
That sounds like a great starting staff.. Its too bad Santana would never come here and Bedard would be a two year rental at the most!!!
A two year rental is right up the M's management's alley - if they have proven one thing it is that they don't like to take risks with pithchers long term in general, and they stay away from most guys with baggage-very safe and conservative. Unfortunately that same train of thought keeps them from ever pulling the trigger on a real deal top notch pithcer - they allways say too expensive, and they allways end up with a starting staff that does'nt throw strikeous, and most of the time also has trouble pitching deep into games. For some reason they keep throwing big $$ to position players though, a few pan out - most are average at the best, and all too many become huge salary burdens. M's management is overly picky on the market - yet continually has to settle for second tier(or lower) pieces and still pay big for them anyway - to top it all off Seattle really is'nt a big draw to many players, in fact it seems we enjoy inner circle badmouthing from a fair amount of (especially ex) players. But if they continue to draw the masses to the park the way they have, then status quo it will be. No one should ever forget that Seattle has been second to the Yanks for some years in profits - they say no way, but the real audits of all thier intake due to the team(like from Japan sources too) show a very wealthy business first team. They've definately had the money to burn ever since safeco opened it's doors.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts