Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.komotv.com/news/16237717.html

MONROE, Wash. -- The controversial Internet video that purports to show a Marine throwing a puppy off a rocky cliff has triggered threats against a local family related to the soldier shown in the video.

This guy deserves an award for his act of stupidity. It doesn't matter if this is real or not, or if the puppy was alive or dead. The mere fact they were pretending or even did the act and then video taped it is wrong enough. Idiots...... I feel bad for the family sick:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
While I agree he is a pompous ass for his actions threatening his family is totally unacceptable and those doing that should be dealt with.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree. The family should not be getting harassed. I just can't beleive the low level of judgement used in 1.) making this video and 2.) putting it on the internet.......... :oops:

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
I had once attended a court marshall for an animal issue caused by another service member. I think the Marine could be facing a federal charge since animal abuse is a direct federal crime under the UCMJ and is not managable through the command unless it is a fake video. But if it is fake, I'm sure he'll get in some trouble within the command in terms of lost wages, loss in rank, and maybe some restricted extra duties.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
the dog isnt even moving and the dogs whining doesnt even change sound levels as it is flying through the air. i personally think its a hoak and without proof i cant see why anyone is even getting upset about it

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
why because he played a joke and u and everyone fell for it (if the video is not real)? if it is real he should be punished but if not then well good joke

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
olygreen said:
why because he played a joke and u and everyone fell for it (if the video is not real)? if it is real he should be punished but if not then well good joke
Not sure about you but I don't joke about throwing puppies off cliffs.... If it is a joke I do not find it funny either. Something about killing a dog just doesn't make me laugh.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Even if it was a joke, he was in uniform and it was unbecoming of this Marine. I'm sure his command will find one or two UCMJ infractions such as the infamous artical 92 (catch all) even if it was a joke, especially if he has been pulled asside for an investigation. An investigation begins with a POI (preliminary offficer investigation) and that is never any good. Service members receive extensive training regarding their manner in public local and abroad. If you're in a military uniform you have to take it seriously. If you can't, I'd rather see you not in my military. Just my .02

·
Registered
693 Posts
cruelty to animals pizzes me off to no end. they are pretty much defensless to dumb ass humans. if i ever saw someone doing that they would get a steel toe right in the junkbox...

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
On the news last night they said he had been pulled from duty by order of the pentagon. That can't be good. I don't care if the dog was dead or not this is not the kind of behavior that I would expect from a gentlemen and a Marine.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Big Worm said:
Even if it was a joke, he was in uniform and it was unbecoming of this Marine. I'm sure his command will find one or two UCMJ infractions such as the infamous artical 92 (catch all) even if it was a joke, especially if he has been pulled asside for an investigation. An investigation begins with a POI (preliminary offficer investigation) and that is never any good. Service members receive extensive training regarding their manner in public local and abroad. If you're in a military uniform you have to take it seriously. If you can't, I'd rather see you not in my military. Just my .02
agree 100%! Guys an idiot, fake or not.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
I agree the video should not have been made. People do stupid things all the time not expecting them to haunt their future. The one thing I don't get though is this whole idea that because one Marine commits a deplorable and stupid stunt it somehow taints the entire Corp. I don't think it does. No more than any other segment of the population like Police officers. Just because one does something dumb doesn't mean the entire force is. If it's a stunt it should not be treated the same as if it were real IMO.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
While I agree its a wrong and stupid thing, its hard to judge these guys because most of us have no idea what they are going through every day. Their lives are in danger every day over there, I am sure he has seen lots of killing and maybe even killed in the line of duty himself. War changes people in different ways. I hope he gets the help he needs.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
So I suppose you all should be pizzed at the half the world that eats dogs. I mean,if throwing a dog off a cliff is cruel,wouldn't eating one be as well? :roll:

All you tough guys here at home in your nice warm beds at night. How many of you know whats its like to have someone wanting to put a bullet in you every minute of the day?

Combat does strange things to people.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hunter P said:
So I suppose you all should be pizzed at the half the world that eats dogs. I mean,if throwing a dog off a cliff is cruel,wouldn't eating one be as well?
Wooooo,eating dog's where did that come from? What doe's it have to do with a marine throwing a dog off a cliff...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't seen the video, but I can say that if you do something stupid that YOU KNOW is wrong, you definately shouldn't video tape it and DEFINATELY shouldn't put such a videotape on the internet. In uniform, he gives the Corps a bad image and makes his whole unit look bad, regardless of all the good things they have done in theater. Hopefully for the Lance Corporal's sake, the video turns out to be a fake.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
The conduct of any service member is simple; Fidelity Zeal Obedience. I've seen how this war has changed people. My cousin has killed more than 200 people while operating the 50 cal. He also nearly lost his life twice. Once from an unarmed RPG hitting his HumVee, and a second time when a vehicle cut in front of him with an automatic rifle, but the gun jammed. He left the service with his good conduct award because he understood his sense of duty and honor.

I was in the service as well, and you could throw a rock and hit about 20 idiots like this guy. It is extremely unfortunate that we have service members who are so careless especially in these times. But on the otherhand, we are also very fortunate to have very strong members who can overcome their brother's and sister's mistakes. It just shouldn't be this way.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Hunter P said:
So I suppose you all should be pizzed at the half the world that eats dogs. I mean,if throwing a dog off a cliff is cruel,wouldn't eating one be as well? :roll:

All you tough guys here at home in your nice warm beds at night. How many of you know whats its like to have someone wanting to put a bullet in you every minute of the day?

Combat does strange things to people.
What??? clown:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts