Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I went to OE on the way home from work today and picked up some hooks and other stuff to start tying up some rigs for Kokanee. Got me going to.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i will have to go catch my first one this year. expect a PM in the coming months KK as you are the kokanee masta!!! wink: Tup: Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I love kokanne fishing in the summer when everyone else is after stocker trout. Hell i love to fish anytime i can. Saturday the weather was a bit cold but not too windy so me and a friend hit Lake Meridian for a few hours. Fishing was far from hot but we managed 5 kokanne and 4 trout in alittle over three hours. All fish caught trolling smaller needlefish behind a flasher or flasher with a crappie tube rigged like a hootchie. all fish also caught between 30and 40'. Only one guy fishing the docks and he caught one he said. not a bad day to get out at all

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Is that treble hook your stinger on that setup? I never have trouble keeping them hooked up with the stock single hook, but that might be killer for short striking days.

If so, do you put you shoepeg corn on the single or treble hook? Or skip it all together and just use DNA?

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2 pieces of white corn on the front hook, and you can use any kind of white corn as long as it is jolly green giant white shoepeg corn :D

And don't forget the DNA scent too Tup:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Saweeet. Any general rules on matching the treble to the single? Looks like the treble hook almost fits inside the single.

Did you go to this setup due to all the thrashing at the boat? Unless by myself, I bring them so fast towards and into the
net they don't get a chance to realize they can alligator roll around.

I would not even try another corn type. I would go without it first.

I have not tried the DNA yet, I just relied on a drop of anise on my flasher.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Now that is funny, I just went and bought a bunch of stuff last night for them beautiful Kokes, Hey Cmessling, I usually always have room for another on the boat during Koke time, I can't wait to see some of KK's threads when it comes time Tup:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
sparky said:
Saweeet. Any general rules on matching the treble to the single? Looks like the treble hook almost fits inside the single.

Did you go to this setup due to all the thrashing at the boat? Unless by myself, I bring them so fast towards and into the
net they don't get a chance to realize they can alligator roll around.
The treble is slightly smaller than the single, it's just more of a insurance hook for those short strikes and when that fish puts that single in a soft spot that rips out they are usually wearin that treble either as a tounge piercing or face jewelery. Might have to try the DNA, but never really had problems with Anise and the green giant :D

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Kokanee Kid said:
I'll tell ya what, I got some new tricks up my sleave, so head's up.
And here I thought I was the only one...

We need to compare notes. Come on up to Lake Stevens - let me know and I'll get Netboy to whip up his award winning breakfast on the water. wink: Tup:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Keysrob said:
Kokanee Kid said:
I'll tell ya what, I got some new tricks up my sleave, so head's up.
And here I thought I was the only one...

We need to compare notes. Come on up to Lake Stevens - let me know and I'll get Netboy to whip up his award winning breakfast on the water. wink: Tup:
I'm so there dude. We can all fit comfortable in the boat and it would be a great time Tup:

Just say when :mrgreen:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
ImaginThat said:
Keysrob said:
Another couple of months for our little lake up north...

Chuck - you ready for round 2?
Ya every time I come up there it's blowin and rainin to beat heck, I can still remember the heat vapors rising from SJ's boat, and Ice with Jimmy?( where did that kid go) wearin socks on his hands clown:
Anytime ya wanna come up just hollar. Heat is always on :mrgreen:

Try the DNA scent ... you will be shocked at the difference. Rob made a believer out of me last year Tup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts