Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do most of you use to protect your prop/skeg on your kickers? I've been meaning to get one of these but can't decide what would work best for free drifting rivers like the Cowlitz.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've always thought the river runner was a good idea but I can't remember ever seeing one on a boat. Is the pro troll the one that makes a ring around the prop? I've seen that on several salt water boats to keep DR cables and lines out of the motor. I like to get insperation from real life boats on the water and on the road especially guide boats and in my observation almost everybody goes without. If you try it let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that's the other one. I actually think it's called the Mac's Troll Prop saver. Seems like I remember seeing most of the guys with the Troll Prop saver on their kickers at Blue Creek, but I think that is because it's more easy to see. I can't remember seeing a Mac's River Runner on the kickers, but they do not stand out as much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Without a doubt, the "river runner" for rivers to protect the skeg

If you troll with downriggers alot then get the pro troll. The pro troll will not protect the skeg, it will help avoid cable in the prop mishaps.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
i dont think ive ever seen either on a kicker on a sled. i think by the time you realize the water was shallow enough to hit your prop wouldnt it tear the guard all to hell?. just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I have the Mac's River Runner on my Yamaha F-6 kicker on my Alumaweld sled. It's protected my prop a couple of times already. Tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts