Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing MA11 this weekend? I think we may try it in the morning, it looks like no restrictions....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not this weekend for us, but hopefully soon. The area 11 openers tend to be pretty good. Look forward to your report. Lars

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'll be there in my boat and CommanderX will be there in his. Hopefully we can get the fish to cooperate.

Anybody have any updates on the dock/launch ramp situation at Pt.Defiance?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SeaSport said:
I'll be there in my boat and CommanderX will be there in his. Hopefully we can get the fish to cooperate.

Anybody have any updates on the dock/launch ramp situation at Pt.Defiance?
No, what situation?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This one :eek:

Point Defiance Marina
Project Status:
02/08/08 This project needs to be completed by Feb. 15. The pilings go in this weekend and the floats the weekend after that. The weather is cooperating.

02/01/08 Piling have been pulled and new piles are being placed. Pre-cast planks will be placed in the coming week.

Hope they got it done....

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pt D phone msg from today says they are open tomorrow...they do have live herring....open at 6am

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ya, that situation... When we were there last they had lane 1 shut down. Let's hope they got it done Tup:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
About the Pt Defiance launch, I was down picking up bait this morning and that mess was still there at the launch.

If they worked really hard they may have been able to clean it up by days end but it didn't look good to me.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WaveDancer said:
About the Pt Defiance launch, I was down picking up bait this morning and that mess was still there at the launch.

If they worked really hard they may have been able to clean it up by days end but it didn't look good to me.
How bad was the mess, any lanes look usable?

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, 1 float 2 lanes and not much room, and no bait in the water or fish that we could find, we didn't see a net fly either...checker said 3 fish by 1:30pm....and quite a few boats..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have never seen it so dead at Pt Defiance. Those three fish were checked at the boat house and were caught by the old timers who sit on the bench outside of the store. The checker said they were mooching in Quartermaster.

The new ramps look complete, they just need to install the docks and clean up and pave the upper area. One thing I noticed is the new ramps are only about 3/4 as deep as the old ramps. I would think at a 0 or negative tide you would be into mud. We'll see.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CommanderX said:
The new ramps look complete, they just need to install the docks and clean up and pave the upper area. One thing I noticed is the new ramps are only about 3/4 as deep as the old ramps. I would think at a 0 or negative tide you would be into mud. We'll see.
I noticed that too, I was hoping they were longer than they looked...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts