Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my kids were out the door for school today I decided to brave the cold and head out looking for some blackmouth. Launched the boat about 9:30am and cruised over to Fox Island just south of the fishing pier. Water and weather were gorgeous! No wind either. Trolled from the pier north around past Fox Pt marking some bait here and there but no action to be found. I started with a 4" plug and switched to a purple UV hootchie/flasher and still no action. Trolled over to Pt Fosdick, finding some bait along the way but just couldn't find any takers today. I gave up around 12:30-1:00PM and it was a good thing I did at there was only 6 feet of usable dock at the TOA ramp. Another 30 minutes and I would still be out there waiting for the water to come back up. What a beautiful day on the water though.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey DB, Good report. All that you needed to top off a gorgeous morning on the water was a 26 incher. I had the same thoughts you had after I dropped my son off at school. Had work commitments so it was a no go for me today. Was hoping the weekend would be nice, but it doesn't look promising. Lars

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I envy you. As i was driving across the Narrows on the way to work today i was saying to myself "If i only had a boat... i'd be out there on that glassy water right now."

No fish but great day to be out on the Sound for sure. Tup:

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
DB, Glad someone got to fish today.... I wish I could have gone out. This weekend is looking a bit bleak.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This weekends weather report kind of made me decide to go today also. Plus 13 closes next week and I am going to shut my boat down to do some maintenance on the interior. I'm pretty sure there are some fish out there, they just didn't co-operate today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts