Fishing Report - Lyre River | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Lyre River

Discussion in 'Clallam County' started by Hunter, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Hunter

Hunter Guest

Fished the Corner Hole and about a mile upstream on wednesday and friday. The river is very low with unlimited visibility. Tossed blue fox spinners in size 2 and corkies. Hooked a couple small trout that were released. More swimmers than fishermen and heard of a few steelies. Best spots away from the crowd are upstream and make sure you bring lots of fishing gear! Good luck and tight lines!

2. Hunter

Hunter Guest

Fished the Lyre with my dad and a friend. Weather was nice but the water was high and gray. Went from campground up and got 3 bites total. Used corkies with yarn, eggs,or prawns with scent and pink worms. 3 other people there with no fish. Stopped by the Dungeness River but it was really flooded. Good Luck!

3. Hunter

Hunter Guest

Fished the Lyre by the camp ground with a friend from 11 am to 4 pm, I hooked a nice chrome summer steely drifting a 4" pink worm but broke me off in a log and had a couple other bites. We also tried corkies & yarn, bobber & jig, spinners, and corkies & eggs. Heard of 3 other fish hooked, none landed and only saw 5 other people fishing. Water was low and clear as could be. Good Luck!

4. Daner

Daner Guest

We visited the lyre today lookin for summer run. Walked up to the canyon falls, nothing but cutts. On he way back down we bumped into a cougar at the power lines! Never seen one before, but pretty big... maybe 140 - 180 lbs. We got the hell out of there and fished the lower but still nothing. clear but not too low and lots and lots of fry.

5. Fished the pool at the end of the campground, yesterday and today. Light rain on and off. No bites today after 30mins. Yesterda, lost a lure on he first five mins. But landed a 7" (native) brown. No bites after that.
    Fished the Sol Duc hatchery area yesterday after the Lyre. But no bites there either.

Search tags for this page
fish in lyre river
fishing report for lyre river
lyra river fishing report
lyre river
lyre river fishing

lyre river fishing report

lyre river fishing wa
lyre river trout
river report on the lyre river in washington state
what fish are in the lyre river