Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying hardwood flooring for my dining room and kitchen and so far Lumber Liquidators has the best selection and prices. Has anyone ever bought flooring from this company? What has your experience with them been like? Can anyone recommend any other companies that they have had a good experience with? Thanks in advance.

Nate

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have never dealt with them but make sure you go on line and check out the warranty on the flooring you are going to buy. Some of them are void unless the floor is installed by a professional floor company that does moisture tests and you have documentation of them. Also not all flooring is rated to be used in a area that you will need to be wet moped like a kitchen. Don't believe what the salesman tells you sometimes they don't know. As always buyer beware.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I purchased a bit over 900 Sq Ft of the vertical grain bamboo for my living room and hall at $2.39 per sq. The same brand was over $6 at the floor dealer down the street and HD. For real wood with a 30 year warranty $2.39 was a fine deal. Not all of their stuff is a super good bargain but there are some decent ones there. If you want to see how mine came out you are welcome to check it out.

Like any flooring, don't put much value on the warranty beyond a rough guess on the quality of the product.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Were looking at Brazilian Teak. One of the strongest woods out there, haven't read anything so far about being wet mopped, but swiffers are hardwood floors best friends :) I'll look into the warranty, right now all I know is that it is a Bellawood product with a 50 year warranty but I'm not sure if it stipulates who has to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts