Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody out there have any experience with Lowrance Radar? I've got a Lowrance sonar/gps unit that is compatible with adding the Lowrance radar dome.I'm not sure if I should just add the Lowrance dome and have everything in one unit or go with a stand alone radar like the Furuno 1623. The cost of the two options is very close. Any advice about going with the Lowrance combo setup vs. the stand alone radar would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I talked with Brad Heacock(Marine Installations) about the same thing and was told that all of his customers have been happy with the Lowrance radar, I will be adding the antenna as soon as I can to my 111 c and at a later date add another Lowrance gps sonar combo to the network as I was also told the radar works (vision wise) better on a larger screen. Here's his number (253)686-9833

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. You must have a lot more more dash space than I have. I just can't fit the 10.5 inch screen. My big concern is having the smaller sized screen 7" (LCX 27c) and then trying to see the radar, sounder and GPS all on one unit. That's the reason I was considering getting the Furuno seperate unit (6" display). Sounds like Brad would be a good guy to talk to and ask those exact questions.

Slabby

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Actually I don't have a lot of dash space I'm using a ram mount and will add the second unit on one as well it makes it nice I can move things around to where they suit me.This pic is with it all the way down when it's all the way up it will be above the gauges and blocking part of the windshield, I also shift it to the right and it does not block my view of the gauges at all.[attachment=0]

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I bought my system a couple of years ago when I bought the boat. I didn't want the 10.5" screen on my dash blocking my view. So, I went with this mounted extension arm that is bolted just inside the cuddy entrance and swings up next to my captains chair when in use and swings down and out of the way for unobstructed access. It works great for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did Brad get you a $$ figure for the radar? I've got the LCX-38C HD flush mounted, and a stand-alone JRC 1000 radar setup. I like the redundancy, but the extra dash space would be nice, too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
pau hana said:
Did Brad get you a $$ figure for the radar? I've got the LCX-38C HD flush mounted, and a stand-alone JRC 1000 radar setup. I like the redundancy, but the extra dash space would be nice, too!

Thanks!
The way my arch is set up Brad suggested I go with a 2kw, as for price he just said when I'm ready to get it to let him know and he would get me a good deal. Sportco said they can order them also it was a $1000.00 and change I believe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts