Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Long time no post

Anyway I was wondering when is the opener for lowland lakes? Mar 1? :roll:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well... let's see there are a lot of lakes open year-round... then there is the Last Saturday in April... and the Dry-Side Openers on Mar 1st (ONLY if we get a pineapple express) otherwise the snow and ice will not be off...

What I watch for on the Wet-Side, the air temprature needs to be above 50deg for at least one week, with nights Above freezing for that same week... by the second week of those temps the water will start to warm and the water bugs will start to emerge, and then the fish will start to be more active...! Go Go Go

Good luck and tight lines!

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
April 29th I believe. I usually hit some year 'round lakes in March and early April to brush off the winter dust. Bonney, Fish, Spanaway etc. Those little critters will be ready to eat when it warms up. They usually don't stock most lakes around here until mid March and early April, so watch the stocker plant reports on the wdfw page then go get 'em.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I always get a laugh at the crowds that are out on “opening day� on the “open year round� waters.
What’s up with that?
uy who would have pulled the country together and would have made a damn good President if he had continued on doing all the good things he had been doing. Certainly there would not have been the war in Iraq.--> and see how much we can tack on in taxes the ne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts