Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After FINALLY selling our second house, I have a little extra money to dump into my boat. Next week, I'm taking it in to have the following done:

Electrc Trim tabs
Washdown kit installed
Second Battery and switch installed
Second downrigger wired
New wiper motors
And, wiring cleaned up...

Been waiting a LONG time to get these things done. Wish I had the time and know how to do some of it myself.... but, at least it'll be done finally!

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Tup: I need to do some wiring work on mine also,I'm thinking larger batteries (but concerned w/extra weight) and charging system,wire and plugs for downriggers.I sure wish the wiring was labeled on my boat,one of the trucks I drive at work has printing on the coating of the wire pertaining to what it connects to,it sure makes it easy to trace things down.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hey Sea Ranger, Try using Glass-mat batteries, they weight less than lead batteries but deliver more power. They sell them at Cabellas and other battery stores.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
AGM batteries are great, but they cost 2-3 times as much as old fashioned Lead Acid. IMHO the extra cost still doesn't make up for the benefits.

I hope to get the fuel tanks cleaned out on the C-Dory this weekend. If I can get that done I can find out if they need to be pulled before I put the new engine in. Then maybe at the next nice weekend I can put the motor in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts