Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Word is out. 30 boats a day hammering the fish down to none. Our spanish speaking friedns have been poaching dozens of fish.
Fish and Game have started showing up big time.
Watch out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Fished for the first time in this lake this past weekend. I had heard RAVE reports about the size and variety of fish in this lake on Saturday while fishing another lake in King County, and decided to check out the "fish stories" on Sunday. Well, Lost Lake (be forwarned) is forest service road conditions (from 4 miles out) and no trail markers exist anywhere. This fisherman's first trip to a lake turned into much more of a recon mission than fishing - and I only fished from the "boat ramp" area (ha ha) at the East End entrance for about 30 minutes with no bites before moving on to recon ...
Monday AM, I went back - hoping for and pretty much finding a semi-deserted lake for me to explore. Fished from shore at second (upper end?) walk-in point, near water inlet. Arrived later than I wanted due to road challenges at 6:00-6:30 or so and on the lake fishing by 7. Calm and mostly sunny. Had literally almost all kinds of bait with me - from powerbait through skein inclusive of worms and grubs. Fished off the bottom all along that shoreline for the next three hours (the last one with two other walk-ins for company) and not so much as a bite for any of us.

Despite all of this, I really like this lake. It reminds me of some of the first fishing trips I went on as a kid with my dad and we hiked a lot of forest roads in New Mexico finding just the "right spot" to fish.

Some days, the fish don't bite. And the fish have always been where I found them - go figure! Anyway, here's to my next adventure when I hope to bag at least a 14" trout from Lost Lake (early Friday AM - on the lake by 5 or bust).

Keep the slack out and remember - the next one may be bigger ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts