Game Fishing Forum banner

Would you show up with your boats in tow in protest at the capital.

• Yes

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  acefishon 
#1 ·
I've fish two rivers in past couple weeks and man its got bad. I fished the wynoochee & Lewis river and neither one had fish.

One thing they did have was seals all way up in river chasing and eating what little fish there is in the river.

I hate bring this up again but with low stocks ,seals, and now have add tribes. The tribes have netted so much, that they are part of the problem even worse than in past. All there mainly doing is making it easier for seals eat out of there nets. Then add on top of that ,what they actually take and there is zero accountability so nobody really knows how much they really take.

We all paid are money year after year and we are getting hosed. We need too make our voices heard.

I know this has been proposed but let's make it happen. We need take our boats too the capital and put forward that change needs too happen. So my question how many would do this . We need make a showing that they cannot ignore.

#5 ·
Many have decided to let it fail= vote with their dollars. I think it`s going to require a MAJOR reset to even have a chance of getting it back. Then, the fact that we lost 90% of the access to fish and hunt the PNW during this fight will become apparent to any survivors.

#6 ·
There are plenty of things to protest in Olympia but seals which are protected under the Marine Mammal Protection Act (Federal) is not one of them. Now, you might consider NOAA in Lacey if you really want to at least direct your angst at the agency responsible for enforcing the MMPA since you can't gain access to NOAA at Sand Point.

More realistically, write or email NOAA when their 10 Year WA Chinook Harvest Plan is opened for comments and point out the predation by pinnipeds on ESA listed Chinook and demand that they acknowledge that impact and take responsibility to implement immediate actions to reduce predation on returning adults and outbound smolts. Some 17,000 seals (not counting seal lions) in Puget Sound is the 800 pound gorilla that cannot be ignored.

#10 ·
Weather it's one thing or a nother we are all losing. Waiting for it to fail, hate break it too anyone but it already has, when state/ federal take something away good luck in getting it back. Now days when fails , there one saying why cannot come back, we as in the state/feds don't have the funds.

I get asked all the time when we going too get our runs back. I simple say look at COWLITZ do we have our early winter run back. (NO) good luck getting it back ,they taketh u lose it lack funds. Now biggest word the state loves is the (warm blob) (wild gene bank) my ass. Do fish swim, or guess they would rather be dead.

So either this site is dead or people are dead and just walking around thinking next person will fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.