Game Fishing Forum banner

Looks like this is going to sum up the season for the Hawks

7K views 52 replies 20 participants last post by  Tiderunner 
#1 ·

Thanks for another great year of football Seahawks! See ya next year. :(

See less See more
#3 ·
It was a good season for Seattle and I look forward to next year. Hopefully they can address some of the soft spots. I really wanted to see Seattle go all the way this year but they just didn't seem to have all the pieces necessary.

Don't forget - Green Bay is for real this year. Seattle got beat by a very good team in brutal conditions that gave the home team a HUGE advantage. Brett Favre has a great offense and they're firing on all cylinders. I hope Favre gets another Super Bowl win and then can finally announce his retirement - going out on top.

#5 ·
Iceshark said:
It was a good year.

See ya next year. WITHOUT ALEXANDER AND HOLMBREN Tdown:
We can only hope! The worse play calling I've ever seen. Good season though.

#6 ·
fishinfoolz said:
Iceshark said:
It was a good year.

See ya next year. WITHOUT ALEXANDER AND HOLMBREN Tdown:
We can only hope! The worse play calling I've ever seen. Good season though.
Exactly Gene Tup: This time there can be no mistake. Holmbgren just cant get it done! Yes its the players too but his allowed play calling was very suspect and weak.

Green bay was an overachiever this year Rob. They were by no way a great team. Farve is a stud and led them there. We should have beaten them as the other good 3 teams they played did this year.

Props to GB! However this man is now rooting for the Giants!

#7 ·
Don't necessarily want Holmgren gone but wouldn't be suprised if he moves on. I hope Alexander goes to work for Casey Treat, cause he doesn't have a prayer in the NFL Tdown: , he's done, thanks for the memories Shawn, pay him his $$$ and move on. Might want to work on the O line in the off season, a punter wouldn't hurt either.
Is it Sept. yet?

#9 ·
The Weazle said:
Keysrob said:
I hope Favre gets another Super Bowl win and then can finally announce his retirement - going out on top.
I couldn't agree more...I have a lot of respect for Favre, he is one of the old "greats". Football wont be the same without him...
Ugg, Hope he gets tossed on his keester next week! :D

#10 ·
Iceshark said:
The Weazle said:
Keysrob said:
I hope Favre gets another Super Bowl win and then can finally announce his retirement - going out on top.
I couldn't agree more...I have a lot of respect for Favre, he is one of the old "greats". Football wont be the same without him...
Ugg, Hope he gets tossed on his keester next week! :D
As with most of your predictions gupper, the Favre man is a true champion and will keep on rolling. He showed today why he is so great. My hat is off to Hasslebeck for a good season but he has too many rookies around him that were over confident.

#13 ·
PACKERS!!!!!!!! i am glad they have been my fav team since i been a kid. all i gotta say is great game and a great ending to the rough start for Grant. hard to beat a team that has the best football player ever to play the game. also hard to beat any team when u cant run the ball which has been the case for the hawks all year. cant wait till next weekend. GO PACK

#15 ·
He showed today why he is so great. My hat is off to Hasslebeck for a good season but he has too many rookies around him that were over confident.
Sportjet, what are you smoking?

Next, Farve has already announced that he is coming back next year whether they win it all or not.

Holmgren's play calling didn't cost them the game and isn't the reason they were 10-6 this year.

Sometimes the better team does win and no Ice, the Packers aren't anymore over rated then we were two years ago when we went 13-3 and the Packers play in a fairly tough division. Much tougher than the Patriots do so are they over-rated too?

Today, the Seahawks didn't choke, they just were beaten soundly by a better team. Ruskel has some work to do in the off season. Defense is ok, maybe a little more depth on the line as Darby is getting up there. We need to upgrade the TE (Pollard was a dissappointment), upgrade the Offensive line (Rob Simms gets beat too much and Chris Gray will retire one day soon, Walter isn't getting any younger either), look to draft a RB in the later rounds, and maybe come up with a big, tall, physical WR.

All in all, it was a good year for the Seahawks and I am looking forward to watching the off season moves that they make.

Pitchers and catchers report in 1 month. Oh, and Ice, next year PLEASE, PLEASE don't pick the Hawks to go all the way again. wink:

#16 ·
I thing Holmgren came back this year as the Champion he was in Green Bay. He showed the fire and determination to win again and I personally enjoyed watching him this year unlike the last 4.

Hasslebeck has come a long way and has nothing to be ashamed of. I see him being player of the year soon.

Next season I see them being much better and becoming a true contender Tup:

#18 ·
I hope you are right Sportjet about Indy. I am sick of the Patriots and Rodney Harrison. That guy got two more personal fouls tonight against the Jags. One of if not the dirtiest player in the league.

As for the Hawks being lucky to get this far, I totally disagree. How many teams revamp their offensive philosophy mid season and go on a winning streak like they did? Not many and you are right about this being one of Holmgren's best coaching jobs this season. They were a botched hand off away from being 11-5 and if they had showed up in Atlanta could have been 12-4. 10-6 is a very good year but if they want to win a road playoff game the running game must improve dramatically next year. Lack of a running game today is what really killed them.

#19 ·
All I can say is I hope the Hawks take away a great 2nd half of the season and bring that game to the first half next year.

As for the rest of the playoffs ... I think Peyton is about to break the mold and sow what a true champion does ...score lots of points.

Tom Brady is ok, his line is awesome but they got hurt today and it showed. Indy is gonna beat them up bad.

The wife is still yelling go Cowboys making my ears hurt but her and Billy need to get over it ... they aint that good. They will win another but in the end....sorry.

Peyton is the man and thats my story and I am sticking to it. Tup:

Have you seen Ice....HA HA...already running. :eek:

#20 ·
What a great run for Seahawk football.. When they moved into Qwest field in 2002 fans of the other team would come to our field to watch a game because the games were so poorly attended by the home team fans, including all the 12th men out there.. Six years later they have made the playoffs five years in a row, and won at least one playoff game three years in a row..The stadium is sold out, and the waiting list for tickets is in the tens of thousands. I'm sure there are about 30 teams fans out there that would love to trade places with Hawk fans, and one of the greatest coaches of all-time has led them to where they are..If Holmgren decides he has had enough, it will be a tremendous loss to us all.. His record speakes for itself..What in the world ever happened to reasonable expectations????? What would be a good season, Anything less than winning the Super Bowl is cause for firing everyone, start over and try again??? What a bunch of front running wave riders!!!!! :roll:

#21 ·
Holmgren had a decent but not great comeback year. I rarely saw him show intensity. However give him his do, he did fair in regular season. The team carried him.

However he called a very poor game. Even the post game show was questioning his flat game calling. I will bet he is done and good ridence! He is awful! No fire and his game has gotten old.

I do agree Hassleback did not do well. He is a very good QB. He just needs a better coach or mentor to slow him down some. Farve showed what a calm QB can do.

I stick by what I and many other say. Green bay had a cake schedule. They are not that good on Defense and have mediocre recievers. Watch them get blown out next week. Gauranteed! Yes the Pats had a harder schedule. But not by much. The Pats Offense looked good today. However there Defense is suspect and they will get beat next week.

I was picking the Giants but after listening to sports radio I think Owens is really OK. So now its the BOYS IN A ROUT! all the way to the Superbowl against the Colts and then its another win for the Colts!

BYE BYE Holmgren! Hawks will be so much better when he walks away after his usual Hawaii vacation. Alexander is gone too!

Oh and I dont need to look at Holmgrens record here. It stinks of not winning the big one! We did get ripped in Superbowl. But Holmgren has nothing left in his tank.

Its all ok as Mora will take them farther next year! Just need a better back and one more reciever.

#22 ·
Pick a side... Fire him, no the Hawks are gonna win the Super Bowl, No wait they lost a game on the road in the playoffs in the frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field... Quick fire him again before they win another game and I'm calling for them to be Super Bowl champs again.

I would like to assure you that Mike Holmgren will be welcome on the Seahawk sideline for as long as he wants to keep his thankless job... :!:

#23 ·
Iceshark said:
Holmgren had a decent but not great comeback year. I rarely saw him show intensity. However give him his do, he did fair in regular season. The team carried him.

However he called a very poor game. Even the post game show was questioning his flat game calling. I will bet he is done and good ridence! He is awful! No fire and his game has gotten old.

I do agree Hassleback did not do well. He is a very good QB. He just needs a better coach or mentor to slow him down some. Farve showed what a calm QB can do.

I stick by what I and many other say. Green bay had a cake schedule. They are not that good on Defense and have mediocre recievers. Watch them get blown out next week. Gauranteed! Yes the Pats had a harder schedule. But not by much. The Pats Offense looked good today. However there Defense is suspect and they will get beat next week.

I was picking the Giants but after listening to sports radio I think Owens is really OK. So now its the BOYS IN A ROUT! all the way to the Superbowl against the Colts and then its another win for the Colts!

BYE BYE Holmgren! Hawks will be so much better when he walks away after his usual Hawaii vacation. Alexander is gone too!

Oh and I dont need to look at Holmgrens record here. It stinks of not winning the big one! We did get ripped in Superbowl. But Holmgren has nothing left in his tank.

Its all ok as Mora will take them farther next year! Just need a better back and one more reciever.
yo Ice, how are we getting rid of Alexander? I was thinking about this earlier today. chances are he won't restructure his contract for less money, and no one in their right mind would trade and take his salary. so we are left with waiving him and paying him some money or trading and paying a good portion of his remaining salary(a la A-Rod)

I think we need to sign Faneca the O-lineman from Pittsburg, a GREAT tight-end for hassleback to be able to use, and either another durable back similar to Morris(if we lose Alexander and want to use 2 RBs like say Minnesota) or pay a lot to get a GOOD young talented back(draft or free agency). We have about 85% percent of the puzzle

85% only gets you to the divisional round!

#24 ·
Football has a salary cap unlike baseball so you can't really just sign who you like and pay them their money...For every guy you get, someone has to go.. The success of the Patriots, Colts, Steelers and Hawks is almost dynasty like in the modern era of pro football.. Twelve teams make the playoffs and twenty go home, one team gets lucky and hot at the right time and wins it all..If the Hawks stick with their plan one day we will be SuperBowl champs, I'm sure!! Tup:

#25 ·
cmessling07 said:
Iceshark said:

yo Ice, how are we getting rid of Alexander? I was thinking about this earlier today. chances are he won't restructure his contract for less money, and no one in their right mind would trade and take his salary. so we are left with waiving him and paying him some money or trading and paying a good portion of his remaining salary(a la A-Rod)

I think we need to sign Faneca the O-lineman from Pittsburg, a GREAT tight-end for hassleback to be able to use, and either another durable back similar to Morris(if we lose Alexander and want to use 2 RBs like say Minnesota) or pay a lot to get a GOOD young talented back(draft or free agency). We have about 85% percent of the puzzle

85% only gets you to the divisional round!
Great points and very valid. I think we will end up eating his contract and suffering salary cap room for him. However they will need to release him to help show the rest of the team and fans that its time to move on. This is common in the salary cap world. We will be eating it for sure.

DB made the good point. We will have to draft a RB and Receiver. Maybe sign a OL man free agent and a DLman free agent. Plus need a better TE. But very valid points you make.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.