Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a down-rigger for my lake boat (8' Livingston) does anyone have any input on Scotty over Cannon or the other way around. I'm looking for a manual with a clamp mount. Not looking for the cheapest something around 100.00 to 150.00.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'd go with a Scotty 1050. You would have to but the clamp mount seperate but I think it's just the right size. You could probably get away with one of the tiny clamp on models I just don't thnk they are big enough. If you shop around you should be able to find the scotty 1050 and a clamp on mount and stay within your budget.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I'd agree a 1050 is the ticket, and a 4lb. ball and a light clip and you will be money Tup:

And sorry I had to go when we were chatting, give me a call someother time,I'd like to pic. your brain a lil :lol:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I like Cannons for manual,and Scottys for electric.

I prefer the the way the Cannon crank is oriented over the Scottys.

Cannon makes 3-4 smallish manuals.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Cannon Mini Mag would be perfect for the livingston...I just sold one in the classifieds for $30....Oh well, check them out you will like Tup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
BIG GUY said:
Cannon Mini Mag would be perfect for the livingston...I just sold one in the classifieds for $30....Oh well, check them out you will like Tup:
haha i was the lucky one to find it in the ads. It is the perfect size for my lil 10 foot boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts