Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to Willow Grove launch here in Longview to see how the dredging was going. The City had plans (and permits) to deepen the entire launch facility but guess what??
Seems the project will be moved back until the l5th of March before beginning.
Of course the river opens for springers down here on the l6th....just great huh??? Sounds like it will be a couple week project so I will keep you all informed how it is going.

·
Registered
606 Posts
HMMM... coincidence?

I used to have family in Willow Grove but it's been mid/late 80's since I've been out there. Has that dike road been widened or improved since the big park and launch were built?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a bit of both actually. Still single lane both ways but a couple of trucks and the boats they are towing have no problem passing alongside each other.
A developer is trying to take the east end of the center part of the loop to put in a housing development of over a hundred homes. Been quite the battle lately.

·
Registered
606 Posts
WOW! With all the flooding I've seen there over the years I was amazed to see a few homes outside the dike. 100 more? Wow.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Wow, i can't beleive they are going to be doing that Kinda work when the kings are coming in, won't this hurt the fish with the silt from the dredging? I know they won't let you do work like this on the Columbia when the kings are comig through :?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The updated seasons.
West power lines on Hayden Island downstream to Buoy 10: Seven days per week from March 23 to April 4, with a daily limit of one adult chinook salmon. No commercial fisheries are scheduled downstream from Hayden Island this year.

The spring chinook fishery is currently open from the mouth of the Columbia River (Buoy 10) to the Interstate 5 Bridge, but will close Feb. 25 through March 23 before the new regulations take effect. Updates on the Columbia spring chinook fishery will be available on the WDFW Fishing Hotline (360-902-2500) and the department’s website (http://wdfw.wa.gov/).

·
Registered
121 Posts
From what I've read in the local papers, the City Officials have stated that Willow Grove "launch will re-open on or before March 14" (in time for the March 24th re-opener, hopefully). Sounds like the last of the required permits (Army Corps of Engineers) has come through (as of Jan 9 the county had only secured three of the required permits, putting the project behind schedule). A bit over 2,500 cubic yards of fine sand & mud are to be removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts