Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Havent seen it discussed yet so i thought I would start it up! What do you think about the 150 MILLION that local business guys are willing to put up. That is a LOT of money. If Bennett sells the team(highly unlikely) a new owner may put up part of the cost as well.

Is it too little too late? Or does David Stern look like a MORON for telling the media "theres no miracle here." I still dont understand how he is so accepting to letting 41 years of NBA basketball walk out and leave.

I read an article saying some Oklahoma City fans are pretty pissed too. They want a team but they dont want to hijack one from a city with 41 years of NBA experience.

Clay bennett is a TOOL!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
That is a great offer, the problem is that it needs to have matching funds and the City/State only has a week left to make the decision..that's the 'may be too late' issue..hope they can git er done...

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
I think it is a great deal with good tax revenue structure IMO. They have to begin planning rennovations of the entire Seattle Center anyway, why not start with the Key Arena and try to save the Sonics? It's not everyday you get a private offer to support a public type facility. I think if it doesn't go through a special session it will affect the upcoming elections, so who knows what can happen this coming week. I guess there's a public Sonic fan rally going on down at the capital right now.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Hopefully something will get worked out. As for David Stern's attitute toward Seattle, it just plain "BLOWS". He is obviously buddies with Clay Bennett but Stern is way more obsessed with over seas expansion rather than fixing the economic problems that are faced by a lot of the franchises in this league. We will have to see who wins the law suit to enforce the lease. That might change things considerably. But whatever happens, the name "Sonics" and all the stats should remain here just in case another team is aquired.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
If you guys want to help then you need to contact the governor and your legislators about getting this offer approved this legislative session that is over next week. Let them know that they need to take the time to address this and review how good an offer this is and to not pass it up. I have sent emails to the governor and my legislator.

·
Banned
353 Posts
There is no way that this is going to happen. Sad as that may sound it's the plain and simple truth. Clay Bennet answers the question the same way everytime "NOT FOR SALE " . I am bothered by all these last minute attempts to "SAVE OUR SONICS". Shultz offered this team to many local interests and nobody wanted to buy. Now that its to late the money is coming from all directions. This problem was a pimple that turned into a tumor because nobody thougt that they would sell to "outsiders" but guess what, Howard did and now we have to live with the fact that there is no saving your Sonics or my Sonics. They are Clay's Sonics now and he can and will take his ball and go home!!! Just my .02

·
Banned
353 Posts
Did anyone happen to see the "Save our Sonics" rally yesterday in Olympia? Maybe 20 people. Guess everybody else was at work like me!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts